Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my first Cruz. So far, I'm impressed. It is a 2013 repo with 35k miles for $7k. Not a bad deal. For that, I can accept the fact that this one doesn't have cruise control.

I didn't have any problems putting a dealer-option cruise control in my 2009 Wrangler. It is the aftermarket style that is controlled by a lever coming out of the steering column just behind the wheel. I've seen pictures of a similar one for a Cruz.

The problem I'm having is that the reviews on Amazon and other sources for add-on cruise control seem to conflict. Some say that you need to modify the airbag system. Most say that the car will need to be reprogrammed by the dealer.

Has anyone here been through this? Can you offer some advice?

Thanks, Jon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same price as the aftermarket.
rpc-250-9614 is available from Summit Racing. I can't post the link because I'm a pre-3-post-newbie.

I prefer the factory version in the steering wheel. I'm always cautious around airbags but it's worth it.

What about the reprogramming? Will I need to have the dealer do that?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.