Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steering part Automotive design Gauge Motor vehicle Personal luxury car

I bought a 2012 Cruze LT a few months ago and the cruise control has not worked since i got it (the guy that sold it to me told me before i bought it). This light comes on when i flip the switch on the steering wheel for cruise control, as if it is working, but nothing happens when I move the toggle to set the speed. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem/can help me diagnose this and find a fix. Also, this is my first post, but i have used this forum to help diagnose and fix both my throttle body and PCV valve, so thanks to everyone on here sharing their knowledge!

·
Registered
2015 Cruze 1.4L engine 6 speed AT
954 Posts
On my grand Prix if the 3rd brake light was out, the cruise control was disabled. This was common years ago, it may not apply now. But, it is a very easy thing to check.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Is the cruise control tied with engine vacuum on the Cruze?

On our Jeep Patriot periodically ALL of the steering wheel mounted buttons will stop working and that is a problem with the clock spring. I free fix for that is to strike the steering wheel with the palm of your hand in the 3 or 9 o’clock position and all works again for many many months. Been smacking that wheel for a few years now. Free fix means more more beer to afford.

·
Registered
942 Posts
On my grand Prix if the 3rd brake light was out, the cruise control was disabled. This was common years ago, it may not apply now. But, it is a very easy thing to check.
I thought sometime similar, because I had a similar issue (brake switch was bad), but in that case the light wouldn't even come on. The fact that the light is on tells me that there is not a fault with any of the safety systems that it checks before turning on.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Check the brake position sensor under the dash. If it is disconnected or not properly calibrated you will not be able to set cruise control (although the dash light will come on).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts