Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so like the title says, I've been hearing a crunch sound shortly after pulling out of parking spot and creeping through the lot. It sounds like I ran over a plastic bottle. Only thing I can think is maybe the bendix on the starter is hanging? Anyone else have this issue?

By the way the car is a 15 ltz 1.4l turbo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm that could be it, ill see what the speed is when I leave this evening. I haven't seen a dash light, only the noise... is that a common issue with these cars? Is there a fix?

·
Administrator
25,603 Posts
All cars do the ABS self test. It's especially noticeable in the Cruze. The sequence of events is as follows:

ABS light comes on for a few seconds when you start the car. If it stays on you have a problem.
@20 KPH the dynamic ABS actuator test occurs. It sounds (and feels) like a brief grind as you pass 20KPH the first time after starting the car. If it fails the ABS light turns back on.

Basically as long as you see the ABS light when you start the car and it goes off and stays off your car is working as designed.

·
10,712 Posts
All cars do the ABS self test. It's especially noticeable in the Cruze. The sequence of events is as follows:

ABS light comes on for a few seconds when you start the car. If it stays on you have a problem.
@20 KPH the dynamic ABS actuator test occurs. It sounds (and feels) like a brief grind as you pass 20KPH the first time after starting the car. If it fails the ABS light turns back on.

Basically as long as you see the ABS light when you start the car and it goes off and stays off your car is working as designed.
This.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just throwing the simplest possibility out there but the doors all lock at a certain speed (15 mph maybe?) when first taking off. With the radio on it sounded like running over a plastic bottle or something at first, after I listened more closely to when it was happening and realized it was the door lock but mine hesitates for a second while it locks so it was more noticeable than with other vehicles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts