Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

Im new here and i just recently brought used cruze.
Im from Malaysia, and when raining, the temperature automatically drop to -40, then the AC keep blow hot air and windscreen keep for due to hot air blowing out. It not suppose to happen, as weather in Malaysia is hot

It happen 2nd time.

Anyone please advice, if i able to find solution without bring to service centre temporary.

Link below is some photo taken today
View image: 20141223 182426
View image: 20141223 183125

Regards,
Ek

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
That is the display for ambient temperature.
It gets its information from the sensor that is located in the left side insert of the front bumper cover......you should see a small hole, behind which it is located.

By removing the screws holding the lower cover to the bumper cover on that side, you can access the wires plugged into the back of the sensor.
You may find these are either not fully seated, or may just need to be removed and replugged a couple of times to rub any corrosion off the terminals.
If there is no change, then I would be inclined to replace the sensor itself.

My suggestions are based on the belief the vehicle has never had any damage in that area of the cover......meaning the actual wiring harness has never been damaged or stressed.

Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rob

Thanks for the advice, will definitely look into it but do we have permanent solution for it?

Ek

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
The sensor has no pattern of failure......if the connectors are corroded then you have to determine how moisture is getting into that area and resolve it.

If the sensor itself has failed.......well, sensors fail sometimes.....therefore, replacement would be considered reasonably permanent.

Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Rob

I just checked it my self

I found it weird, as when i plug it back to the sensor, it show -40
But when i unplug it (not connected sensor), it back to normal.

I had test it few times, and the result is same as i explain here

Ek

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hello All

Im new here and i just recently brought used cruze.
Im from Malaysia, and when raining, the temperature automatically drop to -40, then the AC keep blow hot air and windscreen keep for due to hot air blowing out. It not suppose to happen, as weather in Malaysia is hot

It happen 2nd time.

Anyone please advice, if i able to find solution without bring to service centre temporary.

Link below is some photo taken today
View image: 20141223 182426
View image: 20141223 183125

Regards,
Ek
Hello Ek,

I apologize for this! If you need any additional assistance, I would be happy to escalate this to the right people in Malaysia to help. Feel free to private message me your VIN, current kms, contact information and the preferred dealership. I look forward to your response!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Hi Rob

I just checked it my self

I found it weird, as when i plug it back to the sensor, it show -40
But when i unplug it (not connected sensor), it back to normal.

I had test it few times, and the result is same as i explain here

Ek
I would suspect a short circuit in the sensor itself then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello Ek,

I apologize for this! If you need any additional assistance, I would be happy to escalate this to the right people in Malaysia to help. Feel free to private message me your VIN, current kms, contact information and the preferred dealership. I look forward to your response!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
HI Patsy G
Thanks for your reply. i will let you know if i need someone to assist in Malaysia

Ek

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would suspect a short circuit in the sensor itself then.
Hi Rob

I temporary found a solution, which i unplug it from the sensor, and tape it with Electrical tape, to prevent from water, and hide it somewhere. Hope this last long before i send to service it

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
HI Patsy G
Thanks for your reply. i will let you know if i need someone to assist in Malaysia

Ek
You're welcome, EK! I look forward to your additional updates :).

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
3 Posts
Eco 1.4l. Did the samething in the middle of summer. I used the remote starter in the cold weather and it has normalized the readout. Havent stopped using the remote since. We'll see this summer if the a/c functions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts