Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 cruze 1.8L 6AT and the tranny just sucks in D so I switch it to M on the city streets and when the freeways slows down here in LOS ANGELES and have been able to not get jerked around like a corn dog my shift points as follow:....1st GEAR (1~7mph) 2500 rpm shift out of first fast ..it always helps me...2nd GEAR (8-17mph) 3000rpm shift 3rd GEAR (18-27mph) 3000rpm ...4th GEAR (27-32mph) 3000rpm 5th GEAR (32-40mph) 2500-2750rpm 6th GEAR (40+mph) ...doing this I've been able to get 25mph city and hwy no matter if im going 40 or 75+ I get and average of 25mpg ....so 1 gal if no stop turns out to be 33 miles ...p.s. I love to rev and when I don't do this the car feels like fat and heavy it just doesn't move soft or WOT press on the gas....how do you shift ??? I've driven like this for 6 months chevy dealership is no help

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just as long as you shift out of 1st fast and then 3000 rpm every other gear except when u reach 39mph in 5th get to 6th quick it will drop to 1500 rpm and u will cost

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
LA Hah - Be cool stay cozy Keep Cruzen and the New Best Wishes !

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
I have a 2012 cruze 1.8L 6AT and the tranny just sucks in D so I switch it to M on the city streets and when the freeways slows down here in LOS ANGELES and have been able to not get jerked around like a corn dog my shift points as follow:....1st GEAR (1~7mph) 2500 rpm shift out of first fast ..it always helps me...2nd GEAR (8-17mph) 3000rpm shift 3rd GEAR (18-27mph) 3000rpm ...4th GEAR (27-32mph) 3000rpm 5th GEAR (32-40mph) 2500-2750rpm 6th GEAR (40+mph) ...doing this I've been able to get 25mph city and hwy no matter if im going 40 or 75+ I get and average of 25mpg ....so 1 gal if no stop turns out to be 33 miles ...p.s. I love to rev and when I don't do this the car feels like fat and heavy it just doesn't move soft or WOT press on the gas....how do you shift ??? I've driven like this for 6 months chevy dealership is no help

Hey rudeboybelize

Have you spoken to a customer care agent yet? If you would like my help in getting this issue resloved please send me a private message and I will see what I can do to help you. I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Jackie
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Jackie--has there been any updates to the transmission software (or whatever) to help make the shifting smoother? I have the same set up and the same complaints.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took it in to be looked at 27,000 miles on it but not to a chevy dealership a Cadillac dealership...its been erractically shifting since 1,900 miles and I've taken it in over 10 times for this to be fixed-( stock tune)....then when it was misfiring (felt like to me ) I took it in also made friends with a part/ accessories guy we both want to make a GM Performance CAI and Exhaust for the cruze but im pushing 1.8l more than 1.4t there are tons of ls driver id assume dying for some more fun out of there cruze.. turns out the transmission is bad (metal shavings all over) its getting ripped open and well see from there...there is a new factory tune I kno being run on the 2014..ill try to get them to flash that one In there if I feel anything wrong when I pick it up this Friday well hopefully its done by then ..as for erickbeggs the trifecta is supposed to be night and day

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hi bpwells77! Most updates and vehicle information is VIN specific. If you would like for me to look up your VIN please send it to me, along with your current mileage, by private message and I will look this up for you.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 10 of 10 Posts