Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
You beautiful *******, what took you so long? haha.

Will you be offering the 4-1 as an option? And if so will it offer any difference in terms of performance or exhaust note?

·
Vendor
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You beautiful *******, what took you so long? haha.

Will you be offering the 4-1 as an option? And if so will it offer any difference in terms of performance or exhaust note?
The 4-1 does sound different than the 4-2-1, but it's also really dependent on your exhaust system after our stuff. The 4-2-1 offers bigger gains than the 4-1 and at the same price point, we figure it wouldn't even really make sense to offer the 4-1

·
Vendor
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, the first cat is the stock header. So to do a header, we have to get rid of the cat.

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
The 4-1 does sound different than the 4-2-1, but it's also really dependent on your exhaust system after our stuff. The 4-2-1 offers bigger gains than the 4-1 and at the same price point, we figure it wouldn't even really make sense to offer the 4-1
Ok, awesome. I just remember you mentioning something about a 4-1 and was curious about there being any difference.

No, the first cat is the stock header. So to do a header, we have to get rid of the cat.
So it would be the same as getting the catless downpipe from ZZP for the 1.4t. Only the first of the two cats are removed, keeping the stock one that is mounted directly underneath the shifter for our car/behind the engine correct? And by doing so it can be illegal in certain states in terms of smog?

I just want to make sure as many questions here can be covered for others who view this thread later on to help make up their minds lol. I cant wait to get my kit form you in the fall.

·
Registered
579 Posts
You won't regret getting it trust me =) The gains are noticeable even with the tune just make sure to datalog once you installed them and clear off any codes that pop up and you should be fine. I'm still waiting for the dyno to get fixed so I can see how much power I'm making. IMO its worth it if you want to make your 1.8L feel more alive and believe me I'm enjoying it everyday.

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
You won't regret getting it trust me =) The gains are noticeable even with the tune just make sure to datalog once you installed them and clear off any codes that pop up and you should be fine. I'm still waiting for the dyno to get fixed so I can see how much power I'm making. IMO its worth it if you want to make your 1.8L feel more alive and believe me I'm enjoying it everyday.
Oh I know that, and once I get back from my July trip I'm saving up to buy this kit in September. I'm just making sure that others out there that might not want to mod at the risk of having an illegal car[smog, etc.].

Reactions: Calintz

·
Registered
579 Posts
Oh I know that, and once I get back from my July trip I'm saving up to buy this kit in September. I'm just making sure that others out there that might not want to mod at the risk of having an illegal car[smog, etc.].
Yeah you're right some states are very strict about emission, smog, etc, and etc. Luckly here is Miami we had it for sometime now but they discontinued the emission test for various reasons don't know why.

·
Vendor
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just keeping it out there that we have these in stock to ship the same day!

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Im honestly more intrested in a turbo setup.Have you guys considered taking the rather small 1.4l turbo and seeing if it matchs up.Not looking for huge gains but increased driveablity and maybe mpgs while using oem equipment would be a plus in my book.

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
Im honestly more intrested in a turbo setup.Have you guys considered taking the rather small 1.4l turbo and seeing if it matchs up.Not looking for huge gains but increased driveablity and maybe mpgs while using oem equipment would be a plus in my book.
They did start something. Don't know hey Jerry lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
579 Posts
The project is still alive for the 1.8L Turbo it just takes time to get all the right pieces and to make sure they are capable with our engines.

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
They did start something. Don't know hey Jerry lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I talked to Jerry recently asking the same thing and the resulting answer was that they made a turbo kit work, but in selling it the price would be so high no one would buy it, so they scrapped it to try and make a cheaper kit.

·
Vendor
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Yeah I mean we still have the ability to do the turbo kit, but would anyone seriously buy it? We had a ton of people say they wanted a header and we made it and no one has actually bought one yet.

On that note also, we did some testing with Vince on a 1.8 Sonic with the header/dp combo and the results are great.

Stock tune was 111HP/116TQ

Tune with header was 148HP/135TQ

+38HP/19TQ

And that was testing with 135*F intake temps, so it's likely you will see even higher gains.

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
Yeah I mean we still have the ability to do the turbo kit, but would anyone seriously buy it? We had a ton of people say they wanted a header and we made it and no one has actually bought one yet.

On that note also, we did some testing with Vince on a 1.8 Sonic with the header/dp combo and the results are great.

Stock tune was 111HP/116TQ

Tune with header was 148HP/135TQ

+38HP/19TQ

And that was testing with 135*F intake temps, so it's likely you will see even higher gains.
I don't know about the others who said they'd buy right away, but I'm still going to buy in September at the latest. I would've bought them 10 minutes ago to install before me road trip but then I wouldn't have been able to buy some audio equipment to show off during the trip. Don't worry Jerry, people will buy, you just gotta advertise a little more, and wait...

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
I heard Calintz car, and it does not sound loud at all. It sounds rather mean and deep. The video does no justice, so get it guys.

·
Vendor
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't know about the others who said they'd buy right away, but I'm still going to buy in September at the latest. I would've bought them 10 minutes ago to install before me road trip but then I wouldn't have been able to buy some audio equipment to show off during the trip. Don't worry Jerry, people will buy, you just gotta advertise a little more, and wait...

Yeah I'm not too worried about moving them, it just makes me hesitate to spend a ton of money developing a turbo kit ya know. If people won't spend $650 on a nice stainless steel header, they won't spend $1500+ on a turbo kit. (in general, not meaning anyone in this thread)

We've sold like 5-6 sets of the Sonic header though, just not a single Cruze one other than to Calintz

Reactions: Calintz

·
Registered
579 Posts
I heard Calintz car, and it does not sound loud at all. It sounds rather mean and deep. The video does no justice, so get it guys.

Thanks bro. Yeah the video does no justice at all I really want Jerry to hear it. It just sounds really good even on WOT it just sounds perfect. :goodjob:

Reactions: iKermit
1 - 20 of 34 Posts