Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about my chevy cruze 2010 is jerking in 2nd and 3rd gear, already scan or computer but no any error showing
but the problem is still - and car is on 112000km

so i need information is there any one help me or best suggestion
before 1 month i changed the ATF (Dexron IV) "88862170"

2nd thing - is there Filter for Auto transmission ...

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I didn't know about that, Andrei..

·
Administrator
15,763 Posts
Yep. For the auto the transmission temp has to be within a certain range. Fluid expands and if you have too much fluid in there, it will cause aeration from being overfilled and cause a slew of shifting problems and failures. That's for this particular trans.

Transmission filter is not serviceable.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
What Country are you located in ?
I hope you can understand the gearheads , they like alot of bling unlike me . I just need a shot .
But anyway , we are supposed to bring the Transmission up to an operating temperature and allow the ATF to drool out the overfill port untill we get drips and then button the bolt back in .. how we check the operating temps is Debatable ...

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
If the car has a digital water temperature readout this is close enough. The temp range is rather wide. Otherwise use a scan guage or other ODBII reader to get the temperature. Anyone doing their own work should already have these tools. If OP had someone else do it they need to take the car back there with this information and have them verify the ATF fill level.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Yep. For the auto the transmission temp has to be within a certain range. Fluid expands and if you have too much fluid in there, it will cause aeration from being overfilled and cause a slew of shifting problems and failures. That's for this particular trans.

Transmission filter is not serviceable.
Your knowledge never ceases to amaze me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts