Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced a steering wheel from 2010 cruze to my 2011 cruze whit cruise control and i looked in to steering colum and i have all connections (10 pins) on it. I take it to the dealer and just one said that maybe they can program it to work. It's newer been done in my country. what tools do you need to program cars cpu (or main unit or how do they say). I looked at the youtube and for Opel car they just hook the odb to an usb port and run a program and renable a cruise control and save it and it's working. How do they do it in chevy cars?

For opel cars (isn't the cruze have opel engine also?) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXfV6fFMmIU

Tnx in advance

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. But i was thinking that it's just plug&play like i read on forum but for EU car i think the car cpu does not recognize it so i need to flash it? At the dealership if he would know how to do it :/ That's my guesess

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes you're right...can't be done they say..or they don't know how to do it or just don't wanna be a mechanic..I wanna do i myself to just connect to obd2 and program myself( change some parameters) and it's gonna be done, but don't know what type of hadware and software to use. Can anybody give me a clue where to order it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dealer connected on my bcm and he add commands to bcm for cruise control, but he can't get the cruise controls to see on his programator when he press them. He sad that he thinks it has to do something whit clock spring. I didn't replace it, i just replace the steering wheel. So it's this the last problem now? I see on forums that guy say that you need to have green wire on a pin 9 or something in your bcm?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts