Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i start looking for changing my radio in my cruze because i hate the little green/blue screen. I wanna know what can be my best option or best aftermarket radio.
i just want a big screen, I don't care about GPS or aanything else. I just want a big screen :p I read a little bit and it's look like complicated changing for oem cruze radio with big screen. I check aftermarket radio but i don't trust china seller and iwanna keep my orignal faceplate switch.

So what can be my best option or best aftermarket radio.

P.S. i got cruze 2lt rs 2012 with pioneer option

thank

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,124 Posts
Here are a few threads on installing a tablet. You will need to order a shroud no matter what you choose though. There are many on the web to choose from.

Android

iPad mini -http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/9-general-discussion/10909-add-7-factory-touch-screen.html#post158958

iPad

Welcome Aboard, :welcome:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i read little more on tablet and i,m very interressed by this option.

but i got usb and onstar option in my car can i put pdim for playing my music via bluetooth ?

sorry my english is not very good so sometime i don't understand what i read.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
i read little more on tablet and i,m very interressed by this option.

but i got usb and onstar option in my car can i put pdim for playing my music via bluetooth ?

sorry my english is not very good so sometime i don't understand what i read.
Pull out the front "coin" older and look. If there's a PDIM that's where it will be. If you have one you can replace it.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Upgrading from the factory radio to MyLink is a lot easier than it sounds. The worst part is the wiring harness cost which is excessively high. Dhpnet is working on a new harness (or at least directions on how to make yourself a harness) which should be a lot less expensive. They also have the pioneer radio system and probably could help you with finding the right radio module for your car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Upgrading from the factory radio to MyLink is a lot easier than it sounds. The worst part is the wiring harness cost which is excessively high. Dhpnet is working on a new harness (or at least directions on how to make yourself a harness) which should be a lot less expensive. They also have the pioneer radio system and probably could help you with finding the right radio module for your car.
do you know if someone have make DIY ?

And i will check for my pdim all my interior part is pull out.

·
Registered
509 Posts
do you know if someone have make DIY ?

And i will check for my pdim all my interior part is pull out.
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/36-gen1-audio-electronics/55641-mylink-upgrade-diy.html

1) The posted directions are for use with the expensive wiring harness.

2) Do not use the part numbers listed in the DIY. You can use any MyLink radio from 2013 to 2015 Cruzes that have a CD player. The radio from the 2016 Cruze Limited will also work.

3) Do not send the radio off for the $200 reprogramming. As long as the radio you get is from a Cruze, it will work perfectly. All that needs to be changed is the VIN that the radio is linked to.

3a) I have a radio from a 2014 Cruze and a radio from a 2015 Cruze for sale. Both have been set up so they will work immediately with any Cruze they are installed into.

4) if you decide to upgrade to MyLink, you would not need to use a pdim. Bluetooth is handled by the radio for both music streaming and hands free calling.

if you happen to be in Missouri or Illinois, I can help you upgrade without needing to read the DIY (I've already done the upgrade on my Cruze). If you are in North Dakota or Minnesota I could also help but not until spring when (hopefully) is it done snowing.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Is that one from the 1890's or what?:th_SmlyROFL:
Yep - but you knew what I was referring to. Personally I keep my keys in there while driving.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/36-gen1-audio-electronics/55641-mylink-upgrade-diy.html

1) The posted directions are for use with the expensive wiring harness.

2) Do not use the part numbers listed in the DIY. You can use any MyLink radio from 2013 to 2015 Cruzes that have a CD player. The radio from the 2016 Cruze Limited will also work.

3) Do not send the radio off for the $200 reprogramming. As long as the radio you get is from a Cruze, it will work perfectly. All that needs to be changed is the VIN that the radio is linked to.

3a) I have a radio from a 2014 Cruze and a radio from a 2015 Cruze for sale. Both have been set up so they will work immediately with any Cruze they are installed into.

4) if you decide to upgrade to MyLink, you would not need to use a pdim. Bluetooth is handled by the radio for both music streaming and hands free calling.

if you happen to be in Missouri or Illinois, I can help you upgrade without needing to read the DIY (I've already done the upgrade on my Cruze). If you are in North Dakota or Minnesota I could also help but not until spring when (hopefully) is it done snowing.
Cool i will read this DIY.
And the radio you have for sale is the radio i need for doing that?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Cool i will read this DIY.
And the radio you have for sale is the radio i need for doing that?
Yes, but you will need to buy a screen+bezel (can usually find them sold together) and control panel. I used part numbers 95166368 and 22851302 but you can always get different part numbers as long as they look like both of those.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, but you will need to buy a screen+bezel (can usually find them sold together) and control panel. I used part numbers 95166368 and 22851302 but you can always get different part numbers as long as they look like both of those.
ok i check for Dhpnet but i found nothing. They have website or something like that?

i write you a pm for your radio.

·
10,712 Posts
Where are you finding the screens? GM Parts says discontinued on their end when I tried to piece together the MyLink swap price for argument purpose of a aftermarket setup. If you guys get the harness issue down pat then it looks like a feasible option now. If it were me, I'd avoid 13 MyLink setups.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Where are you finding the screens? GM Parts says discontinued on their end when I tried to piece together the MyLink swap price for argument purpose of a aftermarket setup. If you guys get the harness issue down pat then it looks like a feasible option now. If it were me, I'd avoid 13 MyLink setups.
hahaha my bad

·
Registered
509 Posts

eBay of course :)

i dont know what seller Dhpnet used, but I bought my stuff from autotradersinc and lkq as they offer warranties. And I agree. That is why I have only worked with 2014-16 radios.

my total going through eBay for hardware came to $340.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts