Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

My 5 yrs/100000 mi warranty will expire in a few months and I will take the car to a GM dealership to run an inspection, just in case they will see something out of the ordinary. I just hit 50000 miles and so far, I had to replace the bad smelling HVAC box, leaking water pump (3 times), and recently, a small transmission oil leak between the transmission and the radiator.

I just saw that about half of engine head bolts are rusted (I think this is what they are called, see image). I am worried this will cause me issues later on when I will need to work on the engine. I need to keep this car for 5 more years.
Is this something I can get fixed under warranty? If not, is this something worth fixing? And if so, what is the GM PN for these?

I found two items on RockAuto, but I am not sure if these are the right parts, or which one to get.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Cristian

APEX AHB1198 Info

CAD$37.71
FEL-PRO ES72474 Info Replacement recommended

2013-Chevrolet-Cruze-Engine-View.jpg

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,357 Posts
Valve cover bolts. Threads themselves aren't rusted down in there; wouldn't worry about it.

That will have to come off sooner or later when the PCV goes bad.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Good point, I added the PCV valve on my list of potential issues after reading Xtreme's post on it. It is not showing any signs of issues right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts