Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a cruse 2014 that was in an accident, the autobody guy did a good job on the outside of the car but he did not have any mechanical knowledge. all the airbag were deployed only the steering airbag was replace, here are few questions I have:
1) Is it possible to have the airbag light reset without all the airbags replace?
2) I am planning to install the knee air bag, how do I get the air bag control module reset?

·
Super Moderator
6,967 Posts
Hello,
I have a cruse 2014 that was in an accident, the autobody guy did a good job on the outside of the car but he did not have any mechanical knowledge. all the airbag were deployed only the steering airbag was replace, here are few questions I have:
1) Is it possible to have the airbag light reset without all the airbags replace?
2) I am planning to install the knee air bag, how do I get the air bag control module reset?
Welcome Aboard!(y)

From what I know, you need to replace all the blown bags to reset the system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I manage to get my airbag module and two seat belt and have them shipped to be reset. I am planning to purchase the knee and roof airbags, any body with videos on how to install knee and roof airbags on a Cruze 2014? thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,967 Posts
I manage to get my airbag module and two seat belt and have them shipped to be reset. I am planning to purchase the knee and roof airbags, any body with videos on how to install knee and roof airbags on a Cruze 2014? thanks
The knee bags are not difficult. I'll look for related tutorials on changing the steering column and glove box. That should get you most of the way. I've had the passenger bag off before, literally two bolts more. Not sure about roof, but the pillars are a bit more work.

How-To: Install A Glove Box Light In 2012 Cruze

How-To: Install gauges in a ZZP Pillar Pod A-Z Part 1

·
Registered
338 Posts
I had removed the steering wheel airbag on my Impala before so it shouldn't be too difficult on the Cruze, they are just expensive. You could buy a used one. Just make sure you disconnect the battery before messing with it.

But no, you won't be able to reset the light because it has separate sensors for each airbag and it will know it is damaged or missing. You'll have to replace the airbag or maybe even put in a 2.5 Ohm resistor to fake it being there. The light should go out on it's own once fixed but the code will be in history until you clear it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The airbag module has been reset and reinstalled, a new driver knee airbag has been installed but the light still on, the module is detecting the passenger side airbag ( shows passenger airbag on when seat is occupied and off when seat is empty) which tell me that the module is probably fine. my next move is to purchase a scanner and see what is the issue. Between the curtains airbag and the seat pretensioner should be my next project. Any advise on the scanner to purchase?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts