Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 cruze has been acting up for the past week. Hard time turning on,I have gotten different msg. Trunk poped open being locked emergency light turn on. Anti theft msg. I turn the car off on the radio then when I return its on the aux input. Was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
I'm assuming your battery is the OEM battery, that the car's been in your ownership since December 2010 when you registered here, and it's been subjected to 2.5 years of Arizona summers. It's also been very hot this past week. I'd get the battery tested, and get ready to replace it with one that can handle the heat better. All that random electrical stuff suggests a battery voltage issue to me.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Yeah man I wouldn't be surprised if the battery is going out. Just got mine replaced. Check the wires too to make sure none are loose.

And welcome to the forum. If you're down to attend our meets, pm your number.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
When did you replace the door speakers? Since the radio controls so many functions in the Cruze as an interface to the BCM that makes all the decisions about what to do, anything that could affect the radio would affect the BCM also.

If you replaced the door speakers a week ago and un-did the negative battery terminal, check the battery terminal's tightness. Then check your speaker wiring, especially any crimps or solder joints. A bad crimp or solder joint can cause all sorts of flakiness, even though it might look okay.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
When it cools down enough to do so, check the battery again.

Also, do you have a windshield sunshade or anything else to protect the interior? Electronics do funny things when they're too hot.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Sorry about these battery issues that you are experiencing. Let me know what happens when you take your car in to the dealer llullo1 and if you would like for me to document this issue for you. Just send me a private message if you would like my assistance.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
I hope the dealer can replicate AutoZone's results so the battery can be warrantied. And, here's hoping the next battery lasts longer than 6 months!

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Just got the battery tested and it has charge and but a bad cell. That is what they told me at auto zone. I have to wait until tomorrow when the dealer is open to replace it.

Are they covering the battery? They wouldn't cover mine outside of b2b. I figure you have more miles than me?

Bad battery from the get go. This should be covered under the replacement battery's warranty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts