Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We purchased our Cruze new in 2013. As of today it has 6700 miles and has been well cared for or the best I know how. It has been kept under a carport 70% of the time, never saw a car wash or any high pressure water, no harsh soaps or degreasers, only Meguiars or Duragloss car wash. It gets washed/dried every 3 weeks or so sometimes longer depending on how dusty or dirty it is and waxed with Meguiars Ultimate every few months. I'm somewhat disappointed with what seems to be common on some of these cars. My quarter window trim which seems to be made from two different materials,one portion is prematurely deteriorating as well as the felt looking strip between the rear glass and trunk, my front license plate holder was once flat black and is now turning white slowly, both headlights are beginning to loose their protective coating,no idea why? The interior has a few odd issues,I get a moisture film on all my interior windows, a friend has the same issue on a 2014, mine is not wet from mats, also get this mysterious white residue on the plastic panels that wipes off which is not a big deal. I've owned a lot of cars over the years and they have all seen the exact same care and none have had these issues. Thought about going to the dealer and getting all of it resolved but unless they have upgraded the parts or changed suppliers the same is likely to happen. I asked my dealer about the qtr window trim and he said that he has not seen any,I've personally saw 4 Cruzes with the same issue. I'm not knocking the car,I really like it, just surprised to see these issues so early most occurring within a year of ownership. I know all vehicles have issues,a lot which are common like my 93 Mustang, the quarter glass moulding on nearly every Foxbody has age pitting but it took 10 years before ours started and about the same amount of time before the headlights got the haze on them. 10 years I can see but not 1 year

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
We purchased our Cruze new in 2013. As of today it has 6700 miles and has been well cared for or the best I know how. It has been kept under a carport 70% of the time, never saw a car wash or any high pressure water, no harsh soaps or degreasers, only Meguiars or Duragloss car wash. It gets washed/dried every 3 weeks or so sometimes longer depending on how dusty or dirty it is and waxed with Meguiars Ultimate every few months. I'm somewhat disappointed with what seems to be common on some of these cars. My quarter window trim which seems to be made from two different materials,one portion is prematurely deteriorating as well as the felt looking strip between the rear glass and trunk, my front license plate holder was once flat black and is now turning white slowly, both headlights are beginning to loose their protective coating,no idea why? The interior has a few odd issues,I get a moisture film on all my interior windows, a friend has the same issue on a 2014, mine is not wet from mats, also get this mysterious white residue on the plastic panels that wipes off which is not a big deal. I've owned a lot of cars over the years and they have all seen the exact same care and none have had these issues. Thought about going to the dealer and getting all of it resolved but unless they have upgraded the parts or changed suppliers the same is likely to happen. I asked my dealer about the qtr window trim and he said that he has not seen any,I've personally saw 4 Cruzes with the same issue. I'm not knocking the car,I really like it, just surprised to see these issues so early most occurring within a year of ownership. I know all vehicles have issues,a lot which are common like my 93 Mustang, the quarter glass moulding on nearly every Foxbody has age pitting but it took 10 years before ours started and about the same amount of time before the headlights got the haze on them. 10 years I can see but not 1 year
Hey Carolinacruze,

If you're still thinking about bringing your vehicle into the dealership, please feel free to let us know in a private message and we would be happy to provide additional assistance! Be sure to include your VIN, current mileage, contact information and your preferred dealership.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I sort of had the same thing on mine and almost took it back to the dealer for it but then I used mother's back to black and they have looked new ever since. Not really sure what it was but the white has not returned. Look for rail dust too inside the doors. That was a problem on my care too. Had rail rust from the train ride from the factory and had to take it back a number of times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts