Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Cruze audio upgrade Europe

1197 7
Hello,
I have a cruze from 2009-2010 in Denmark, I bought a new original radio receiver and head unit with screen from ebay I think its for Cruze 2012-2013
My original cable from the car is just a 44 pins plug and radio antenne, and the new radio receiver have much more, I know some of them is to rare cam ..., but when I connect the 44 pen plug to the receiver, it doesn't start, so I think there is a different with cables,

Can any body help me to understand the wiring diagram or where can I find it

I read this thread
and

but I think its just for US model

Sorry if my English is bad :D
Best regards

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have no idea if the radios outside N America are set up the same way, but part of it may be that it's keyed to the VIN of the original vehicle. I don't know if that would keep the radio from powering on or if it would just show something on the display.
Did you happen to get the matching control panel? If it is a radio with the navigation system, I think it would need that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no idea if the radios outside N America are set up the same way, but part of it may be that it's keyed to the VIN of the original vehicle. I don't know if that would keep the radio from powering on or if it would just show something on the display.
Did you happen to get the matching control panel? If it is a radio with the navigation system, I think it would need that.
I bought all parts from ebay
The receiver and head unit and radio control

Hand Hood Finger Musical instrument accessory Gadget

Gadget Font Electronic device Gas Machine

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 1.8 LTZ on LPG
23 Posts
Hello mate. This may be no help at all but for what it's worth..
My car came with a (rubbish) aftermarket system and the original was supplied in a box. This is the first time I've even looked at it.

2012 euro spec Ltz
Would this connector be the correct one?
Grey Wood Gas Automotive exterior Electric blue
Product Gas Machine Font Electronic device
Material property Gas Rectangle Machine Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,998 Posts
The hardest part of installing these is getting a complete harness. There are so many different versions it will make your head spin. If you are bound and determined to do this, you need to do a deep dive into the system and decipher what each pin is for and where it would connect into the system. This may entail learning about the originally installed system as well.

The SQ Car Audio Thread V2
Mylink 2.0 Alternative and aftermarket hands free microphone adapter
How-To: Disassemble Radio To Program VIN
How I did the MyLink Wire Harness
Updated Quick and Dirty Mylink Upgrade DIY for Gen 1 Cruzes

No Splicing, Amplifier and Subwoofer Tutorial
Inside the Pioneer Amplifier
Factory Headunit sound quality Dropped with Aftermarket AMP , Speakers & Sub
Aftermarket headunit installation troubles
Removal Tutorial Mylink 7" Touchscreen System

An after-market wiring connector that fits the Cruze speaker connector- Metra 72-5600 speaker connectors per another member

Post in thread 'How-To: Replace door speakers'
How-To: install a Back Up Camera Cheaply
How-To: Add RCA output to your factory radio
After-market wiring connector that fits the Cruze speaker connector
HO Alternator link.

https://www.cruzetalk.com/attachments/2013_cruze_radio_audio_color_lan_busses_6-pdf.288901/https://www.cruzetalk.com/attachments/2013_cruze_radio_audio_monochrome_lan_busses_6-pdf.288902/

Extra stuff:
TSB #14311
Service Bulletin - NHTSA SB-10057574-8899
SB-10089945-2280
How-To: Installation of the Big 3 Cruze Kit
Clean the Terminals
Cruze Battery Upgrade Options

1 - 8 of 8 Posts