Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hoping for some help here, and if its already posted i apologize:)

picked up the wife a 2013 LT with the 1.4l turbo. nice car we both like it.

however, looking for some winter tires as it gets rather crappy up here in Calgary when the snow flies. seems there aren't many wrecked Cruze's around so finding some factory wheels is hard. now i'm not against buying new rims for winters, but i'm not a fan of black steelies if i can find some alloys.

just wondering if theres any other vehicles that share the 'unique' 5x105" bolt pattern the Cruze uses. i believe the Sonic does too but am looking to see if something older (where wheels would be available used) would suffice.

thanks a bunch; i'm out of my element here; i'm a jeep/truck guy through and through :) but wifey loves this car!

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
As far as i know, there isn't. The only other way i can see you using another bolt pattern would be with an adapter but it is not recommended.

Paint the black steelies chrome lol.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Buy some steelies man . you will not have to worry about the looks man it will be Winter
And you can always add wheel covers !
Pretty sure you are going to want winter tyres to put on them .
Good Luck keep cruzen and Best Wishes .

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
What about the Sonic?

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
The only problem with the steelies is only the Cruze wheel cover (which ain't cheap) will work as 16" aftermarket hubs are just a little too small and wont grab the wheel rim. That also means you need the double threaded lugs for the hubcaps to screw onto which can add up to a good hunk of change. Needles to say, my steelies run bare with black lugs to boot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes exactly. moreover i was just looking for a set of used ones. the Sonics are the same, (from what i've seen) but just as rare in the wreckers.

i kind of said screw it. ordered up some Blizzaks on the steelies. frankly, you're right; its a winter tire kind of thing so why worry?
i DO really like the idea of the black lugs though; will do that as wel!

last question; do you guys run the TPMS sensors in the winters as well? or can i get away without running them?

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Well I for one don't have the TPMS sensors and wouldn't consider the added expense. You will learn to just ignore the light after a while so it's no big thing.
FWIW, I also use the black lugs on my ECO wheels with black out bowties on the caps as it makes the wheels stand out a little more.
101_0530.JPG

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
There you have it 4 steelies 4 winter tyres - 4 TPMS yer dialed , oh Gotta find them .

·
Registered
71 Posts
Best to run TPMS all the time. We have all kinds of customers that come in for winter tire swaps. Some have a second set of TPMS sensors in their winter tires. Others have us swap them out. You can pick up aftermarket sensors pretty cheaply and as long as they're compatible most tire places can correctly program them with the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts