Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I have a 2009 Holden Cruze with the following issues that have all happened at once. One brake light stopped working which I assumed was a globe & I intended to replace this weekend. The 2 days ago the other brake light stopped working but the rear window one still worked. Then the boot won't release with the button rear the number plate lights or the key. The number plate light still work. The front park lights & tail lights also aren't working. After a while I can get the boot to release but only once. I checked all fuses & they are ok. I took the boot lock out & tested it with a plug pack & it works fine. Anyone had any problems before or know what the problem may be?

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Any aftermarket components installed specifically in the radio area. Light housings stock or aftermarket? If either of these is a yes, it could originate here but could also be either a short somewhere or a BCM issue as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a 2009 cdx jg cruze 1.8 petrol 5 speed manual and I have the exact same problems with mine all happened at the same time and checked all wiring in the boot and there s absolutely no power getting to the lights no broken wires either I also have no power supply out of cigarette lighter socket no illuminating light behind the light switch nxt to steering wheel got a price on a BCM $359 then its another $195 to program and then ad time,labour at $119 an hr which is a complete rip off so ive bypassed going to holden and ran wires from the all the faulty lights to a relay then to straight up the front to the battery. BUT just when i got all that fixed no another problem has come up been havin a bit of trouble with getting it in to gear sometimes and while i was on my way home the other night i was about to drop back from 5th to 4th and nothing it just wouldn't shift tow truck called now im trying to figure out whats gone wrong and how to fix.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Boot and globes sound like a touch of British. Around here, USA, center brake light is independent of the two incandescent lamps, pardon my English. All fed directly from the so-called X1 BCM.

Next to completely worthless circuit diagrams they provide with these things, shows a symbol of a point contact relay, these were crap from day one, but could also be a power MOSFET transistor, never know until you remove these open up the boxes and peek inside. Kind of suspecting a dirt cheap made in China relay with dirty contacts, because you are getting no voltage at all, Power MOSFET transistors tend to short out the the globes would be illuminated all the time.

Idiots use cheap transistors that will blow well before the fuses do. But a blown fuse is never good, something in the box is toast. Never was a problem when slide switches were used, self cleaning contacts, is now. Thank you, just what we needed, more problems like we don't have enough already.

Boots and bonnets, we kind of stuck with the word trunk, because, well vehicles like my old 1930 Olds actually had a real trunk at the rear held on by leather straps. Not sure where you guys came up with the word boot, unless someone boots you in the rear. More than likely using that cheap moisture exposed switch like used here with badly corroded contacts. Very high impedance input to the BCM, so those contacts have to be perfectly clean. Fortunately, by some strange event, put in a moisture proof switch in my Cruze, this was a luck accident for me. So not having problems.

That BCM energizes another made in China relay, here in the under dash fuse panel that could also have dirty contacts, gives erratic operation at first before they completely die.

The reason why they are designing vehicles this way, is these computers are replacing our brains so we don't have to think anymore. Thinking is becoming obsolete.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,265 Posts
The reason why they are designing vehicles this way, is these computers are replacing our brains so we don't have to think anymore. Thinking is becoming obsolete.
Took ya long enough to figure that out ..just think how your parents felt when you decided to buy that jalloppy and fixer upper ..

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Took ya long enough to figure that out ..just think how your parents felt when you decided to buy that jalloppy and fixer upper ..
Just my mom, dad was long gone, good thing we didn't have video games back then, because that is all I would know how to do today.

European cars are far different than the US ones, so even trying to advise the location of the BCM let alone which pins to check on is a very difficult task. No such things as test points. Since the B codes are indexed by the actual code, not the function of that code, would have to read everyone of well over a hundred to learn if even a code is set for this condition.

Sure don't make these things easy to work on.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, was a naught little boy at 14 years old, found a 1930 Olds on my paper route, got it for ten bucks, and my neighbor helped me tow it home. It didn't run. Without my mom's knowledge, read books, and got it running. Was with my neighbor at a wrecking yard and borrowed current license plates off a wrecked car, stuck those under my jacket.

Would sneak out at 2:00 AM in the morning, put on the plates and taught myself how to drive and was cruising all over the place. Never got cost, and even racked up 12,000 miles before I was old enough to get my license. Ha, took an automotive class in high school, my teacher didn't even know how to overhaul a carburetor, I did, and showed him how.

DMV guy made a comment for just being 16 years old was a darn good driver, ha, just responded it came naturally. Owned as many as five vehicles, the most expensive was that 37 Caddy limo for 75 bucks, followed by a 33 Buick with only 16,000 miles on it, paid 50 bucks for that car. But wasn't any fun, no radio, no heater.

Thought one of my buddies was nuts collecting Ford Model A's, five buck if not running, ten bucks if they were. Let's see, a 49 Plymouth yellow convertible, 35 bucks, a 49 Olds 98 with an AT, 30 bucks, and a 48 Dodge, really nice for 40 bucks as I recall.

Ha, today, barely can afford just to have one car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2009 Holden Cruze with the following issues that have all happened at once. One brake light stopped working which I assumed was a globe & I intended to replace this weekend. The 2 days ago the other brake light stopped working but the rear window one still worked. Then the boot won't release with the button rear the number plate lights or the key. The number plate light still work. The front park lights & tail lights also aren't working. After a while I can get the boot to release but only once. I checked all fuses & they are ok. I took the boot lock out & tested it with a plug pack & it works fine. Anyone had any problems before or know what the problem may be?
[/QUOT

Good Day ALL

My car is having the same issue ,did your come right with this problem.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,548 Posts
Welcome Aboard(y)

The OP made his first and only post in 2014. I doubt he'll come back and answer.

You would be better of starting your own thread in Gen I Audio and Electronics. You can reference this one if you like, if it helps explain your issue, or just write it up yourself.

Don't forget to introduce yourself and your Cruze, here in this forum as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts