Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted Cyber Grey Metallic when I ordered my 2013 ECO, but had to settle for my 2nd choice of Atlantis Blue Metallic. The Cyber Grey had been discontinued for the 2013 model year. I'm not a white car fan, have had black cars (too much work to keep in pristine condition), don't want red (my Ex-Wife always had red cars), and there are WAY too many silver cars out there. My only concern with the Atlantis Blue is that it can look a little purple in some light. Thoughts on this color? Curious to see how many have Atlantis Blue. I like the idea of having an uncommon color.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I like the Atlantis Blue, but it's way down on my list of preferred colors. I don't mind the fact that it looks purple in some lights (although I don't see that). For me it's just too subtle of a color. For me it's 1) Crystal Red Metallic 2) Blue Topaz Metallic 3) Black Granite Metallic 4) Cyber Grey Metallic 5) Victory Red 6) Atlantis Blue Metallic.

And P.S. - aren't the number of silver cars on the road ridiculous? They're so bland!

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
I don't mind Atlantis Blue, but I liked Blue Granite better. I too like the unusual colors and specifically sought mine out. They had to search hard and trade to get an Autumn LTZ.

That said, I'd never be caught in anything lime green, bright yellow, etc. I'd probably be in a Focus right now if they had a color that caught me, but they were all ugly or too plain.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Personally, I think the silver ice metallic color looks sharp and grown up on the Chevy Cruze or maybe its the chevy cruze that makes the silver look good? LOL, either way for some reason to me, the silver doesn't make this car look boring or dated, especially in the LTZ RS and Eco trims. Just my opinion. But you can't go wrong with any of the cruze color choices, just by having a cruze you're already ahead of the pack.

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Really no sense in disputing colors, strictly a matter of taste. Still have an ongoing battle with my wife on this issue, after my divorce and paying off all those debts, redid my kitchen using all black appliances, but went with an off color white cast iron kitchen sink so I can see what I am doing. One of these days, I will give in and change that to a black sink to keep her happy, LOL.

FAA does have a strict requirement in that all non-military aircraft using composite materials must be painted white. Any other color results in excessive temperature buildup that can destroy these materials leading to death. But no say with that F-117 that is painted black for security reasons, but what the heck, the military has an unlimited budget.

She did let me choose white for our Cruze, the most practical color with that light tan interior, can be over a 110*F difference in interior temperature by choosing black. This is just a practical choice.

Ha, even the interior of my home was all white, but gave into her instantly, quiet the interior decorator, every wall is now a different color. Have to admit, it does look nicer, but inside of the home is darker.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can't believe the cyber gray was discontinued. I think it's the sharpest looking color. The dealer told me it has to do with the mineral used to make it. He also said every red color comes from Japan and is made from a special mushroom... Can anyone confirm that?

·
Super Moderator
5,181 Posts
If I remember correctly, the Cyber Gray Metalic is about the same color as 2011 Taupe Gray. Which was also discontinued after 1 year. For probably good reason, I have seen a blue billion Toyota Camrys and Corollas that are about the same color. Kinda blends in too much. With my 2012, I went to the other end and got the Autumn metalic(I think was also a limited time color also) There are not too many of them out there tho. sunline Fan has one and I see some Chevy Equinoxes out there in that color. Colors are always difficult. Once you get one you always think "I shoulda gotten"

·
Registered
444 Posts

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
If I remember correctly, the Cyber Gray Metalic is about the same color as 2011 Taupe Gray. Which was also discontinued after 1 year. For probably good reason, I have seen a blue billion Toyota Camrys and Corollas that are about the same color. Kinda blends in too much. With my 2012, I went to the other end and got the Autumn metalic(I think was also a limited time color also) There are not too many of them out there tho. sunline Fan has one and I see some Chevy Equinoxes out there in that color. Colors are always difficult. Once you get one you always think "I shoulda gotten"
The color is officially called Seraph Orange Metallic, and it was also available on the Hummer H2.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had inquired via chat using Chevy's website about the inability to build a Cruze in Cyber Grey, and the responder said that this color along with several others are built out for the year, though didn't rule out their return in 2014. Nothing definitive on that though. Having said that, while I was in search mode for an Eco I came across a 2LT in Maryland in Cyber Grey w/manual trans, driver convenience package, enhanced safety package, no sun roof in neutral color interior, for something like $19.2K. I really wanted the Eco though, or else I would have probably jumped on it (I think it might still be available using Cars.com.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Cyber Gray Metallic is my first choice. When I bought my Autumn Metallic, I didn't even see the Taupe Gray and that's because it didn't exist in 2012. Then for some reason, I got a wild hair up the wazoo and bought a Silver Ice 2012. Now, I'm currently in negotiations with a local dealer to purchase their 2013 Cyber Gray metallic Eco 6MT. Drivers convenience package, enhanced safety, and Nav. They have 66 Ecos on the lot and this is the only one with Cyber Gray 6MT and My Link/Nav

The only thing I don't like is the Titanium interior. I'll be swapping that out for black leather.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts