·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Glad everyone likes it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
WOW man just got some time so i ran i a good couple logs at different levels and modes. Your program makes it easy to send off for the tune update since i can see whast going on and can tell them how to update my tune my way. And it just helps to learn you car glad i stumbled over this.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
WOW man just got some time so i ran i a good couple logs at different levels and modes. Your program makes it easy to send off for the tune update since i can see whast going on and can tell them how to update my tune my way. And it just helps to learn you car glad i stumbled over this.
I'm interested to know what kind of things are you having them change and why. Glad you like the app. Thinking about some updates for it.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Yea my next thought was why cant i see the amount of HP i am making??
I added that a while back but decided to remove it. It's a calculated data point based on Torque and RPM. Wasn't sure how accurate it was so I removed it.

·
Premium Member
4,500 Posts
I would still like a rough estimate what my hp is.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
This works fine on my Sonic Trifeta log. I would like to see a HP number as well. Even if it is just an estimate.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4fk2c3y2ttnybz2/CruzeReader.zip

1.0.5.2 released. Added computed HP and Gauge Boost (thanks to powers746 for the info) as requested by so many members.

HP = TQ * RPM / 5252
Boost = Engine Absolute Boost Pressure - barometric pressure

These are calculated only and should not be taken as accurate. If you have any other calculations you want me to add, please PM me.

If you want to show me some love, head over to http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/84-member-month-submission-voting/10988-january-13-official-motm-vote-thread.html and put in some votes!

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Jealous of you C++ types,
hard for me to read 0110100100111011001101
:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
is there any way to use this to determine a rough estimate of 0-60 times? do you know what the frames are captured in? is it seconds? or is there perhaps a time stamp for each frame that you could expose?

·
Registered
14 Posts
forgot to mention, great job on the app! Love it, just what the doctor ordered, now I can look and see what the car's doing.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
There isn't at the moment. If anyone has a formula to determine 0-60 times using the existing PIDs I'll add it in there. Since it's based on time, I'd have to know what the sample rate is on the frames which I don't know.

For example, 0mph - 60mph over 100 frames. If each frame was 0.15s apart the time would be 15s (i think, it's late and I suck at math).

·
Registered
7 Posts
First off, let me say thanks for the great program! It was nice to be able to look over the logs I made for Trifecta, check out the difference in boost, etc.

I was wondering if you would be open to putting your application and code up on Google Code/GitHub/Codeplex/whatever. I have a few ideas for making the graphs even more useful and I'd be happy to do the work myself. Namely, it would be nice if the crosshairs that appear when you click were able to print off the values of any intersecting data. More ambitiously, I also think it would be cool if you could load 2 log files onto the same graph for comparison. And if someone else out there was so inclined, they could scratch their own itch for pretty 3D graphs and other colorful niceties.

Other perks include having a more official location to host the exe file, and most places even give you a free wiki.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
First off, let me say thanks for the great program! It was nice to be able to look over the logs I made for Trifecta, check out the difference in boost, etc.

I was wondering if you would be open to putting your application and code up on Google Code/GitHub/Codeplex/whatever. I have a few ideas for making the graphs even more useful and I'd be happy to do the work myself. Namely, it would be nice if the crosshairs that appear when you click were able to print off the values of any intersecting data. More ambitiously, I also think it would be cool if you could load 2 log files onto the same graph for comparison. And if someone else out there was so inclined, they could scratch their own itch for pretty 3D graphs and other colorful niceties.

Other perks include having a more official location to host the exe file, and most places even give you a free wiki.
Thanks for the input. I actually have a "Pro" version with much better features (including viewing multiple log files at the same time). I just threw this one together so we had something. I used standard graphs, but I have access to much nicer charts and graph suites. The pro version should be out in a month or two.

The problem with putting the code up on github is that I reverse engineered EZ Flash. Trifecta went through the trouble to encrypt their binary which tells me they would like to keep things secretive. I do use a portion of the EZ Flash code base in the log reader (mainly the PID related stuff). I obfuscate the binaries I release to ensure I don't let out anything I'm not supposed to. At this point, Vince has been ok with me releasing the log reader, but I don't think he would appreciate me releasing to the public any code from EZ Flash.

However, if you would like to work on the front end, I can abstract out the Trifecta specific data structures and you can build it based on a generic data structure that I'll be using going forward. I'm looking to also read in logs from the Diablo units and logs from the Torque app.

Email me if interested.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm interested in the Pro version.
Any idea why the current version shows ZEROs in the "engine desired torque" row?
Del Long

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Speaking of Torque - how accurate are the "Engine Actual Torque" numbers? I was impressed by a max 182.92 and my throttle position was only at 85%. This means with a little more practice and a second body in the car to run the laptop :), I should get close to 190tq.

Titan, I have to say that you really screwed up with this program. You could have been the next Steve Jobs! Thanks for not charging us.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I'm sorry to announce that the log reader will no longer get any updates.

Trifecta has changed the way they release EZFlash and as such, I can no longer get the PIDs. I've put out a new release 1.0.5.3 which doesn't crash when an unknown PID is read, it just ignores it. I also added a friendly message for those trying to read logs from Atlas and Cavalier based PCMs (they are not supported at all).

You should be able to continue reading logs produced by newer versions of EZFlash (at least until they change the log format) but you just won't see any data from newly added PIDs.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4fk2c3y2ttnybz2/CruzeReader.zip

Unfortunately this means the Pro version will be axed. It's amazing how many people used the log reader (many shops did too!).

Thank you for all the support.

·
Premium Member
7,783 Posts
The last link is 404 and the last post by the OP doesn't sound promising. No news in 2 years. I'd suggest the thread be un-stickied

41 - 60 of 66 Posts