Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed oz tuner delete kit for my Cruze. Followed step by step procedure from here, and went to fire it up and it started for a second and shut off went to start it again and nothing it just cranks. I unplugged the throttle valve wire before I did the tune/start it I did check the valve itself to make sure it wasn’t closed and it wasn’t I checked all sensors were plugged in. I have 3 wires that are unplugged egr valve egr tube sensor wire and throttle valve i have no Dtcs either Im at a lose Any help would be much appreciated just showed a picture of throttle valve wire

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do I have to do something with the vacuum lines that went on the dpf? Don’t think I should have to but just questioning anything right now

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did a delete last i, I had the same wires unplugged. It did start and run fine. It did however throw codes for the throttle and egr. I plugged them back in and reset codes. car seems to run great. and no codes now. I didn't really have any instructions to follow. but so far so good. I would unhook battery for a few minutes and see if it will start. sometimes things get confused or the tune didn't take. i left vac lines unhooked btw.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply I just installed stock software and turned the key and no codes are showing shouldnt it throw some codes or am I wrong?

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Figured it out thank you for the help guys.
For those (me) who may travel this path in the future, what was the fix?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Know you probably herd it from other threads but it is defiantly worth doing if you plan on doing it. Drove it around tonight and let me tell you it’s like a different car really woke it up. The install is pretty straight forward besides the hiccup I had. I triple checked everything I did, bolts clamp electrical connections etc.. and everything looked fine so all I could see it being was the tune, and I believe it was. I don’t think it was accepting the tune properly. I actually put it back to stock tune then put the new tune in 3 times. After the 3rd time it fired up no codes, wish I could tell you why that was but I’m not entirely sure ecm was just not happy. Running great can’t wait to see how mpg is I can keep you updated if you’d like any questions you got if you do it feel free to ask

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you buy the restrictor plate and bypass tube, as well? Does the new tune leave the computer alone except for the pollution controls? If a mechanic reads the computer through the OBD connection, will they be able to identify any problems other than the pollution controls? My plan is to do it, but, couldn't get a straight answer from the company on this one. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you just run the "CRZRACE" again 3 times and it eventually took. I am having the same issues as your original post and keep running the tune but nothing taking so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did the pdf & egr delete yesterday. Plugged in oz tuner, went to (CRZRACE tune) first, but I get this in the process.....05 fault aborted error: $0540 (incompatible operating system) . Tried the(FULL1 stocktune), error: $0281 (no data received). I'm lost!!! No instructions , called online supplier company for help. They are calling OZ & wil get back....$1300 for this delete.... hope it works

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
I did the pdf & egr delete yesterday. Plugged in oz tuner, went to (CRZRACE tune) first, but I get this in the process.....05 fault aborted error: $0540 (incompatible operating system) . Tried the(FULL1 stocktune), error: $0281 (no data received). I'm lost!!! No instructions , called online supplier company for help. They are calling OZ & wil get back....$1300 for this delete.... hope it works
Did you try unplugging the OBD II connection, turn off ignition for a couple minutes then restart the process again?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts