Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if there is a blow off valve kit, or something, that will work on the 2014 Cruze Turbo Diesel? I've been doing Google searches but all I really find is ones for the 1.4T. I'm pretty sure those wont work on mine because the turbos are different sizes. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Registered
Can't use a Bov/Bvp on a TD

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Can't use a Bov/Bvp on a TD
Why is that? Is it cause its a diesel? This is the first diesel vehicle I've ever owned so I'm still learning.

Premium Member
The intake is always wide open as the speed is altered by the amount of fuel that is used, which is controlled by the gas pedal position. So no pressure to relieve thus no BOV required.

Premium Member
Does anybody know if there is a blow off valve kit, or something, that will work on the 2014 Cruze Turbo Diesel? I've been doing Google searches but all I really find is ones for the 1.4T. I'm pretty sure those wont work on mine because the turbos are different sizes. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Welcome to the forum. Be sure to take a look at the diesel section!

Registered
Turbo-diesels use variable geometry technology, a BOV would probably stop them working.

There are many sites on duh intawebs that discuss them, read the European or Asian sites, they are more likely to be accurate.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forum. Be sure to take a look at the diesel section!
Thank you for the welcome message!

The intake is always wide open as the speed is altered by the amount of fuel that is used, which is controlled by the gas pedal position. So no pressure to relieve thus no BOV required.
Understandable but it would still be cool to have a BOV just for kicks. LOL

Turbo-diesels use variable geometry technology, a BOV would probably stop them working.

There are many sites on duh intawebs that discuss them, read the European or Asian sites, they are more likely to be accurate.
I've done some minor searches but not much. I'll have to look in to it a lil bit more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts