Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home from work yesterday my Check Engine light came on. 38,000km, 2 year old Cruze Diesel. I checked my ScanGauge and the code said P0272. A brief Google search led me to a few answers, one being Cylinder 4 Balance Fault. I cleared the code with the Gauge and will see if it comes back today on the way to and from work. My friend suggested it was possibly a random misfire that caused it and it may or may not come back on.

·
Registered
228 Posts
OH Lordy, just another CEL to worry about???

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to be fair, he does have a tune

dunno what impact that has
Yeah, if it comes back I'll probably take the tune off and see what happens.

·
Registered
791 Posts
On my way home from work yesterday my Check Engine light came on. 38,000km, 2 year old Cruze Diesel. I checked my ScanGauge and the code said P0272. A brief Google search led me to a few answers, one being Cylinder 4 Balance Fault. I cleared the code with the Gauge and will see if it comes back today on the way to and from work. My friend suggested it was possibly a random misfire that caused it and it may or may not come back on.
who`s tune do you have?? I have the fleece tune with no deletes, no issues, will never go back to stock.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Could try a new fuel filter and hope for the best.

If that doesn't work take it in. They should check for engine damage with a compression test, and then worry about the injector itself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts