·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
45 Posts
I configured one, and submitted it to three local dealers. The one that actually called me wanted to convince me to buy a gas Cruze RIGHT NOW...LIKE DRIVE OVER TO MY OFFICE AND BUY ONE NOW. I told him he'd not be able to convince me to buy a gas car...and then he asked if I currently drive a diesel car...wth. :/

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I configured one, and submitted it to three local dealers. The one that actually called me wanted to convince me to buy a gas Cruze RIGHT NOW...LIKE DRIVE OVER TO MY OFFICE AND BUY ONE NOW. I told him he'd not be able to convince me to buy a gas car...and then he asked if I currently drive a diesel car...wth. :/
LOL, that's so pathetic it's funny!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
Somewhat weird packaging of options compared to the gas models.

Driver confidence is part of sun/sound, but at least you can get that on a LT. I imagine some people would like to have one and not the other. No RS package. And the odd "leather package" on a LT that isn't available unless you step up to Premier on the gas models.

I'd imagine it makes life difficult for salesmen, especially when their dealership may sell 1-2 Cruze Diesels per year.

·
Premium Member
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Somewhat weird packaging of options compared to the gas models.

Driver confidence is part of sun/sound, but at least you can get that on a LT. I imagine some people would like to have one and not the other. No RS package. And the odd "leather package" on a LT that isn't available unless you step up to Premier on the gas models.

I'd imagine it makes life difficult for salesmen, especially when their dealership may sell 1-2 Cruze Diesels per year.
I think the Leather Package is to hold people over until the diesel Premiers come out for 2018. At least I hope so.

Now, the 1st gen CTD never was available with the RS package either (likely in the interest of aerodynamics), so that wouldn't be a big surprise here if that doesn't make it onto the 2018s, either.

·
Premium Member
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's likely leather package on the LT because there won't be a premier diesel. I covered this in depth a while ago. Let me get a link.
There was definitely supposed to be, for 2018...

I recall multiple articles (that I can't seem to find) stating the engine would be available across all trim levels in both bodystyles as of the 2018MY.

·
2,254 Posts
Again, the thing that worries me here is the stop start on the diesel, I noticed that in the instrument cluster. For gas it may be ok, but idk about the diesel.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
There was definitely supposed to be, for 2018...

I recall multiple articles (that I can't seem to find) stating the engine would be available across all trim levels in both bodystyles as of the 2018MY.
Technology

·
Premium Member
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Right, that's for 2017, though. Not 2018.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
Again, the thing that worries me here is the stop start on the diesel, I noticed that in the instrument cluster. For gas it may be ok, but idk about the diesel.
We have hybrid buses that do it, and lots of Euro diesel cars do it. Shrug. Seems like it'd be harder to light off again than the gassers.

·
Premium Member
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Chevy Will Offer the Cruze Diesel in Both Manual and Automatic - GM Inside News

Paul Hewitt, a product manager with GM Canada, confirmed the transmission options to GMI earlier today during a media event hosted at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, in Bowmanville, Ontario.

Hewitt told us that in addition to both transmission options, the Cruze diesel will be made available in both bodystyles, across all trim levels–except on the top shelf Premier trim, which will remain exclusively automatic.
Hardly speculative when someone within the company has disclosed the information.

Whether or not it is true remains to be seen - but it's certainly out there, from someone at GM.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I would never buy the sedan but priced one for laughs. Over $35k...lol...for a friggin diesel Cruze??? That's cookoo.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.