Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short story short, lady ran her light and hit me while I was making a left hand turn caused the car to spin and bounce into the air and as it came down it slid off the top of a Grand Prixs hood. Even admitted she ran the light and several witnesses saying she caused the accident we came to an agreement thus making it her fault. Yet Oakland County Sheriff Officer Garcia felt it was my fault and issued me a ticket and had my car towed. I walked away with minor damage being bruises and neck pains. This car may be small but it can take a **** of a hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
10,712 Posts
What type of... one more reason for dash cams because even when everyone else tells you what happened you still have to deal with the cops. Were they trying to say both you guys lights were yellow to red and you ran out into the intersection instead of waiting till another shielded arrow came on into her path?

Glad you walked away and the car took the hit well!

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,091 Posts
Wow! Glad you're ok.

Do you have pictures of the inside looking at the air bags that deployed? Just curious as to the coverage. Are you going to buy the car back from the insurance company and part it out ? If so I'd by the three good rims and some interior pieces.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I'm glad you're OK. Get a lawyer. The cop blew it given the witnesses all agreeing it was her fault.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Sheesh! Glad you are ok!
You should be able to buff out those scratches though.
Rubbing compound and some duct tape for the rear wheel.

Cruze Down...AND OUT. Ouch, glad you're ok!

·
10,712 Posts
Wow! Glad you're ok.

Do you have pictures of the inside looking at the air bags that deployed? Just curious as to the coverage. Are you going to buy the car back from the insurance company and part it out ? If so I'd by the three good rims and some interior pieces.
From where it hit the back seat one should have also came out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What type of... one more reason for dash cams because even when everyone else tells you what happened you still have to deal with the cops. Were they trying to say both you guys lights were yellow to red and you ran out into the intersection instead of waiting till another shielded arrow came on into her path?

The cop didn't even want to talk to me just looked at me and asked for my license while I was on the ground getting looked at by ems after that he walked around asked the girl for a statement and issued me the ticket and never asked me anything else

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

And the thing is I was in the intersection light turned red and all traffic going both ways had already stopped so I was simply finishing my turn and all I heard was a car motor rev and bang I'm spinning

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow! Glad you're ok.

Trust me I got the car out the impound lot insurance wants nothing to deal with it but I took to it a family collision shop and I have a friend that has a donor Cruze in his dads salvage lot so their gonna strip that car and give me everything I need for 700$

1 - 11 of 11 Posts