Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Just took mine out (again) about a week ago to change the glovebox light to led. After doing it the first time it's a 2 minute job. The first 1-1/2 minutes used to empty all the chit out of it. :)

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
a little off topic but i cant stand how the cruze you cannot lock the glovebox

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ha, with those two tiny plastic tabs and that fish string, could open it even if it had a lock.

Ha, speaking about those two tiny plastic tabs, don't lose those, don't sell them separately, only come with the glove box door that will run you about 88 bucks.

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
legality issues. i carry here in Florida. i have nothing to hide but im a constitutionalist and a firm believer in due process. Can i search your car?, no you may not,Why sir you dont have anything to hide right? no i do not but i do not concent to a search unless you have a warrant. i refuse to be part of the problem

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
legality issues. i carry here in Florida. i have nothing to hide but im a constitutionalist and a firm believer in due process. Can i search your car?, no you may not,Why sir you dont have anything to hide right? no i do not but i do not concent to a search unless you have a warrant. i refuse to be part of the problem
If I can't say 'no', then that wasn't a question.

Reactions: KenH

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Not in Wisconsin, if you were stopped just because of a burnt out license plate light, cops have a right to search your vehicle.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Wait, my 2011 Cruze has a cabin filter? Do all Cruzezes?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yes. At least all the North America ones do.
Thanks. Well, after 4 1/2 years of ownership, maybe I oughta change it out, eh?

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Thanks. Well, after 4 1/2 years of ownership, maybe I oughta change it out, eh?
Originally GM had no recommended maintenance on the cabin filter, but in 2013 or 2014 they added it to the maintenance schedule in the back of the owners manual. Your suppose to change it every 22,500 miles, every fall when I replace mine its 80% or more blocked with leaves and other debris.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Not in Wisconsin, if you were stopped just because of a burnt out license plate light, cops have a right to search your vehicle.
That's not true at all, only thing that gives the cops the right to search your car is probable cause(they see something in plain sight, smell something or you are committing another crime). Bulb out on your car is a traffic violation, not an excuse to have your rights violated.

I have family and friends whom are police in this state, even with that said most cops will lie to get their way and certainly are not their to inform you of what your rights in the given situation truly are. When they are harassing you calmly ask them "Am I free to go" and see how quickly they try to ignore the question.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
That's not true at all, only thing that gives the cops the right to search your car is probable cause(they see something in plain sight, smell something or you are committing another crime). Bulb out on your car is a traffic violation, not an excuse to have your rights violated.
A burnt out bulb is good enough reason for a stop. If they spot something, or something you say isn't adding up - game on.

Now, something in my mind says they do have a right to make sure they're safe. That can be used for a frisk if in person. I'm not sure how that applies to a car in a traffic stop.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
A burnt out bulb is good enough reason for a stop. If they spot something, or something you say isn't adding up - game on.

Now, something in my mind says they do have a right to make sure they're safe. That can be used for a frisk if in person. I'm not sure how that applies to a car in a traffic stop.
I've been stopped many times and when asked If they can search my car, I then ask them if I give them permission and they don't find anything if I will be compensated for them wasting my time? I also say if they want to escalate this go ahead, but don't be surprised when I come back and make a formal complaint to their department. Yes sometimes this also involves me saying if your going to write the ticket, just hurry up and go write the **** thing already since I got places to be, but no way I will ever give consent to search.

Remember if you don't give consent anything they could possibly find may be thrown out of court since the search may have not been legal in the first place. Know your rights!

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Ever watch the news? How many people have been shot by not fully cooperating.

Must be paranoid, before I took my motorhome out, checked to make sure all 28 external lamps were working. Just two weeks ago, found a burnt out light bulb for the license plate in my Cruze. Always use my turn signals for changing lanes, not only real cops, but also have undercover cops.

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
Remember if you don't give consent anything they could possibly find may be thrown out of court since the search may have not been legal in the first place. Know your rights!
even if we say no, if they really want to they will say i smell something off. When the drug dog comes out he will give off a false drug positive now its game on. the police abuse many loopholes in the law and they know they can lie to us but we cannot lie to them. either way when i leave my car the pistol conceals with me. it would just be nice to have the locked glove box instead of holstered when driving.( i also use the door pocket since its legal here)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts