Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those whom haven't seen in person pics here they are.looks great in person and very clean lines. hatch is a little more bubbly then i would like and the hatch has less room then youd expect for its size but it provides a premium of interior space tho 20160922_110938.jpg

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,658 Posts
The tailpipe isn't molded into the lower fascia, correct? I recall it being separate (real) on the "concept", and it looks the same here.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The tailpipe isn't molded into the lower fascia, correct? I recall it being separate (real) on the "concept", and it looks the same here.
20160922_115730.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,658 Posts
Awesome, a real tailpipe!

I HATE all the fake, molded-in "tailpipes" these days. Seeing a real one is a refresher.

Mercedes is quite possibly the worst. Their diesel have fake "tailpipes" that are blocked off

The pre-refresh MKZ has big chrome surrounds - and quite possibly the wimpiest little exhaust pipe clearly visible inside it. I laughed out loud the first time I saw them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't know How I feel about that. I have a softspot for hatches generally like them all, but there's something throwing me off about this one. looks like the nd gen mazda 3 hatches.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
don't know how i feel about that. I have a softspot for hatches generally like them all, but there's something throwing me off about this one. Looks like the nd gen mazda 3 hatches
due to emissions most cars look the same now. There is really only one true shape that is peak design for efficiency so all the brands know it and try to change it to differentiate but that why nissan body silhouette chevy and honda look very similar

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
look at the huge amount of surprising clearence... View attachment 206273
Stopped in to look at a hatchback today. Now I know why there is so much clearance under the front bumper in your picture.

It doesn't have the front air dam installed. It was in a plastic bag along with the floor mats in the hatch I looked at today. I'm sure they don't want the air dam getting damaged as it gets loaded and unloaded from the car carrier, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stopped in to look at a hatchback today. Now I know why there is so much clearance under the front bumper in your picture.

It doesn't have the front air dam installed. It was in a plastic bag along with the floor mats in the hatch I looked at today. I'm sure they don't want the air dam getting damaged as it gets loaded and unloaded from the car carrier, etc.
whats nice is that its soft rubber and can bend easily and rebound sort of speaking. now you can always take it off when you know youll be in deep snow

·
Premium Member
5,658 Posts
whats nice is that its soft rubber and can bend easily and rebound sort of speaking. now you can always take it off when you know youll be in deep snow
That's nice - so you don't get that god-awful scraping noise if you pull too far forward? Nothing worse than that! The Camaro and the Cobalt I have to be more careful with than the Cruze, since they're both low, but the CTD doesn't exactly ride high, either.

Reactions: pandrad61

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that's nice - so you don't get that god-awful scraping noise if you pull too far forward? Nothing worse than that! The camaro and the cobalt i have to be more careful with than the cruze, since they're both low, but the ctd doesn't exactly ride high, either.
my nose is clean no pun intended. I simply back into my parking spot all the time. Old habit from airport valet so ive never had that issue

·
Premium Member
5,658 Posts
My issue with the Cruze is that it doesn't make a noise going forward - it's only when backing out that it tells you. The Cobalt I've driven for long enough to know how far to pull up.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My issue with the Cruze is that it doesn't make a noise going forward - it's only when backing out that it tells you. The Cobalt I've driven for long enough to know how far to pull up.
ive seen enough salesman curb the nose quietly to know what your talking abut lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts