Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
2,170 Posts
It's looks great and everything but I still think they should have focused more on bringing out a new Cruze wagon.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Full-size car

·
Registered
481 Posts
It's looks great and everything but I still think they should have focused more on bringing out a new Cruze wagon.
[iurl="http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=176881&d=1453178559"]
[/iurl]

Looks like someone attached a chevy front on a BMW 328xi wagon rear... I like the rear!!!

·
2,170 Posts
Looks like someone attached a chevy front on a BMW 328xi wagon rear... I like the rear!!!
Here's an alternate angle of another cruze wagon. The amount of space inside these cars is insane, they're like squashed SUVs. Except they handle well because they have a low center of gravity, and they're super efficient. I'd love to have been able to buy this.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Chevrolet cruze

·
Registered
481 Posts
Here's an alternate angle of another cruze wagon. The amount of space inside these cars is insane, they're like squashed SUVs. Except they handle well because they have a low center of gravity, and they're super efficient. I'd love to have been able to buy this.
[iurl="http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=176969&d=1453180662"]
[/iurl]

I prefer the other angle. I want those tail lamps less round... I'm sure I'd have dove on one when the time came though.

·
2,170 Posts

·
2,170 Posts
I prefer the other angle. I want those tail lamps less round... I'm sure I'd have dove on one when the time came though.
I agree, but I think with the 2017 new cruze styling, it could look pretty good. Just need GM to start making good decisions.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
I've never been a fan of hatchbacks, though this one isn't bad looking. The Hatchback cruze will be built in Mexico, not Lordstown,Ohio. For me this is a deal breaker.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/jan/06/2017-cruze-hatchback-debut-fall-be-built-mexico/
With all honesty and consideration of the peoples of Mexico ..
That Country needs to expand and catch up to Global Competition .
Consider this , there is 2 continents relatively close to Mexico and a well based production facility can only give the country of Mexico a huge market share .

·
Registered
159 Posts
I plan on keeping my Cruze until it is dust, but if they released an American wagon I would seriously consider trading it.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
The various trucks coming out of GM Mexico have not shown any deficiencies over the years.

Mexico, unlike China, has been a good trade partner to the U.S., the same as our friends to the North in Canada.

Rob

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
The various trucks coming out of GM Mexico have not shown any deficiencies over the years.

Mexico, unlike China, has been a good trade partner to the U.S., the same as our friends to the North in Canada.

Rob
Goddamn right! WOO! !! GO CANADA!

Reactions: Sunline Fan

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,903 Posts
Seeing it person only made me like it more. Except that color. Still not sure on that one, hah.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
I just realized, you couldn't go inside of it here, could you?

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts

Rob
I would not buy a crew cab silverado either(I would buy a crew cab Colorado since its built in Missouri). I like to support american jobs and will not buy any car manufactured in another country. Is there a discount to buying the car since it obviously cost them less to build? Nope they charge MORE!!!! GM put food my my table growing up and currently employs many of my relatives. Supporting GM's move to mexico may eventually lead to the Lordstown plant closure and all production moving to mexico.

The going rumor so far is the cruze hatch will not be available on L and LS models, so one has to step up to a LT which with an automatic already cost $22,000. That means the Mexico built cruze has a starting price of $5,000 more than the sedan.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
It is a Global Game now SpacedOut ..you should be aware that GM has looked very closely at the interest for such a model vehichle long and hard ...IMHO ..the U.S. has little interest in the Hatchback Cruzen ..From Mexico there is South America . Mexico itself . The Pacific Rim .. Africa ..GM is Looking at Continents for Market Share .............................................We here May not have the Interest alone to Produce another Model Cruzen !

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
It is a Global Game now SpacedOut.
Correct but even so I speak with my money. I will no buy any of GM new Buick models built in China and have seen the trend is for all manufactures to increase building cars outside america to increase profits. Remember the cruze is a cheap car and one of the only in its class to be made in the USA. Only way to keep profitable and compete on price is to lower production cost.... move to mexico.

Have seen many articles about how the US and Canada are both loosing jobs to Mexico and the trend will continue. The article below is one of many that shows plans to go from 19% Mexico production to over 25% in the next 5 years. I don't know about you I like a world where I at least have the option to buy american, the rate they are going all small cars will be imports soon.

More car manufacturing jobs move south -- to Mexico

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,903 Posts
I just realized, you couldn't go inside of it here, could you?
No, it was locked, and on a turntable. Not sure if it was open during industry preview as I wasn't able to make it there for that.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts