Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Cruze hatchback design submitted :D

6K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  some_goat 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I like it but I don't think I'd get a hatchback. it's practical, but two times my Fit got broken into, it made me realize had i had something important in my trunk it would be stolen.

The only problem I have is this hatchback looks like many other hatchbacks, like the astra, a lexus 400, etc.

#11 ·
...it was "designed" by GM-Holdern (Australia) group, and isn't slated for NA (yet).

...interestingly, the Aussies have also designed an El-Camino / Ranchero like Cruze-pickup body too.

#13 ·
...notice the statement: "The reason why Chevrolet decided to build a five-door version of the Cruze is because 65 percent of all compact cars sold in Europe are hatchbacks."

...wonder what the USA percentage number is? (Zero for Chevy 'cuz they have no hatchback).

#14 ·
I think hatchbacks will make a return. Maybe not to the level they were in the 90's but Ford, Mazda, Honda, Kia(future releases), Fiat(future releases), and maybe a few others seem to show that makers feel like there will be a larger market in the US again for them. If they sell or not is another story lol.

#15 · (Edited)
...anybody remember the "slant-back" Oldsmobiles of the 1970's?

...and, the more recent Malibu Maxx?

#18 · (Edited)
Im thinking it would be a smart move by GM making a hatchback . Currently they have none and the competition is already all over it . **** even the new focus is going to have a hatchback . They must have had a bad experience with the Astra so this may be why they are taking there time . Only problem i see it alot of the hatchback rear ends look alike , if they are going to do this they best do something more functional and unique .

Also they almost brought over the Holden UTE , the El Camino . It was supposed to be the Pontiac G8 ST . But no before we can get anything cool like that with the slated turbo diesel engine they had to kick Pontiac . Should have just kept Pontiac as rebadged Holdens .

EDIT , i didnt know i couldnt say "HELLO , without the O .

#19 ·
Should have just kept Pontiac.
**** right!!

Pontiac was on the rebound IMO. Some parts I do disagree with you on are rebadging vehicles in other markets for the US consumper. It has proven to be sales flops for GM and that's not what they need at this moment in time with their rebound in progress.

edit: That didn't mean they wern't bad ass cars though. =D

#20 · (Edited)
I think it was better to rebadge the foreign vehicals like the G8 then to rebadge the domestic vehicals like the G5 , G6 , Grand Prix and Torrent . Even without the rebadging , keeping it somewhat separate with different cars like the Vibe and Soltice would have been preferable . The Vibe was the last successful , in my opinion , hatchback that GM had . IDK , im still sore they killed Pontiac .

#21 ·
...officially, the Pontiac Vibe was classified as a 5-door station wagon, not a hatchback, although the AWD version also was called a Compact Utility Vehicle (CUV).

#24 ·
Well whatever it was they did pretty good with it if i remember correctly . Gm body toyota engine .
...actually, only the outer panels were GM-designed, as everything--except On-Star™ gear--was Toyota manufactured at the NUMMI plant, Fremont, CA...even the windshield wiper blades are Toyota and not GM.

...the 1.8L 2ZR engine is Toyota, but the 2.4L engine is GM.

#30 ·
How dare you! My Pontiac is pure GM it's got the LY7 V6 which is the base model motor in the CTS, G8 and Camaro(LLT w/ direct injection and different internals). But I was refering to the Saturn Vue and Vue Redline(AWD). They have the J35(GM branded L66) out of the Acura TL, MDX and a few other Honda vehicles with V6 options. In return Honda got diesel motors from GM. The motor has VTEC but wont see it posted anywhere on the vehicle or motor I believe due to it being a Honda trademark.

#31 ·
LMAO , I was aiming for one of the V6's with higher hp and higher compression ratios . I knew the g6 gtp and g8 had the HP ratings but , didnt think the vtec was in a Saturn . Makes sense though .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.