Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Cruze with 78,000 miles and recently started hesitating and jerking so I replaced the intake cause the orange check valve was missing, valve cover, oxygen sensors, mass air flow sensor, air filter, pcv hose, gas pedal, coil pack, spark plugs all that fixed it for the most part but when I go around a corner and go to get back in the throttle slowly it hesitates just a little bit then runs normal, it seems to happen when I’m running around 35 to 40 mph

·
Registered
288 Posts
Well, first thing is get the car scanned. I suspect it could be your MAF sensor. When you replaced it, what was the part number and where did you buy it?
Or it could be the transmission, are you really 100% sure its the engine?
It could be any of a dozen things, more information is needed. Look for more than codes. Get the fuel pressure, fuel trims, and watch the throttle position sensor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, first thing is get the car scanned. I suspect it could be your MAF sensor. When you replaced it, what was the part number and where did you buy it?
Or it could be the transmission, are you really 100% sure its the engine?
It could be any of a dozen things, more information is needed. Look for more than codes. Get the fuel pressure, fuel trims, and watch the throttle position sensor.
I ordered the MAF sensor from rock auto and it’s the same as the original one, I did get a code P0700 transmission control system (MIL request) I haven’t had a chance to look into that yet besides that it’s the only code that was thrown but not there now and no check engine light

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ah, the whole story is starting to come out.
I did get a code P0700
Ok, now with that added information its all starting to make sense now. Your transmission might be low on fluid, and when you turn corners the fluid pump loses suction.
I'd do a fluid drain and fill service on the transmission immediately.
FWIW, the fluid will be dark as sin no matter what. But do feel it for chunks, and check for a burnt smell.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, the whole story is starting to come out.

Ok, now with that added information its all starting to make sense now. Your transmission might be low on fluid, and when you turn corners the fluid pump loses suction.
I'd do a fluid drain and fill service on the transmission immediately.
FWIW, the fluid will be dark as sin no matter what. But do feel it for chunks, and check for a burnt smell.
I filled it up and made sure it was full a few weeks ago cause I thought it might have been caused by low transmission fluid but it still did it but I will drain it all out and change it to see if that helps, thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I changed transmission fluid and it didn’t make a difference still having the same issue, I took it to a mechanic awhile back and they couldn’t figure it out either

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have a 2015 Cruze with 78,000 miles and recently started hesitating and jerking so I replaced the intake cause the orange check valve was missing, valve cover, oxygen sensors, mass air flow sensor, air filter, pcv hose, gas pedal, coil pack, spark plugs all that fixed it for the most part but when I go around a corner and go to get back in the throttle slowly it hesitates just a little bit then runs normal, it seems to happen when I’m running around 35 to 40 mph
Check this out.
Hesitation...GONE!
Might help you out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2018 does the same thing (around the 40MPH mark) and I only have 11,000 miles on it. It also makes a loud snapping/clicking noise when the gear finally catches. I have had back to dealer and of course it won't do it for them. It seems to only lag when take a corner and go up a hill not so much level. I have yet to get an answer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered a new purge valve to see if that’s the issue I will update when I get it and put it on hopefully that fixes the issue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts