Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
67,000 k on the 2012 rs 1.4t

Normal oil changes other than that good so far.
Looked around found this Coil AC Deco. BC-C1810 High performance Coil.

Arrived quickly and was not a complete Oem fit.
The inside pins have molding area which when connected to the harness will not connect and lock. I had to modify the lock tab on the Coil by cutting it back. This allows for the lock to secure and the pins connected to the harness.
Yes if you look at the old Coil you will see a few things. Blow out and a repaired boot. Yes that repaired boot has been going for over 40,000 k with a little Jb weld.
Running same ngk laser gapped at. 32 and loving the changes so far.

Attachments

·
2,170 Posts
Very nice, what makes it "high performance? Is it different than the stock coil?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not 100% sure and have not put any testing equipment on the car yet. Purchased it as it was the same price so I thought what the heck lets check it out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK update.
JUNK 3 days in coil packed it in left my wife stranded at work. Lucky for me my brothers shop is across from my wife work he ordered a new coil and she got on the road. Returning it for refund. JUNK stay away

·
10,713 Posts
OK update.
JUNK 3 days in coil packed it in left my wife stranded at work. Lucky for me my brothers shop is across from my wife work he ordered a new coil and she got on the road. Returning it for refund. JUNK stay away
Good to know. Was this off Rock Auto or locally sourced?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts