Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just went in for a renewal of my insurance policy today and found out my premium is going up from about 680 to 840 every 6 months. Nationwide says that the cost to repair my vehicle has increased and is high. I was a little shocked and even my insurance agent said that it was a substantial increase and that this was the first time she had seen them give this explanation. I wouldn't think it would be anymore to repair the Cruze than any other new car, but I guess it is what it is.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Mine went up too, not sure exactly how much yet, I wonder if having 10 airbags has something to do with it? You would think safer is better but those things are big $$$

·
Registered
218 Posts
Really??? That's crazy.

When I contacted my insurance company to get changed over to the Cruze, she told me that my rate wasn't going to change from my G5.

Then I got an email the next day telling me that it will be going up $7/month because "It is actually a Cruze Turbo model". I told her yes, they all have turbos except the base one, because otherwise the car won't move! I told her it was for fuel economy, not performance.

Silly insurance companies. I guess going from very little safety/security to great safety/security should cost more. Makes sense, no?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine went down..."safer vehicle"

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine went up too!! i Had a Pontiac G8 Before, so crazy doesnt make sense!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Really??? That's crazy.

When I contacted my insurance company to get changed over to the Cruze, she told me that my rate wasn't going to change from my G5.

Then I got an email the next day telling me that it will be going up $7/month because "It is actually a Cruze Turbo model". I told her yes, they all have turbos except the base one, because otherwise the car won't move! I told her it was for fuel economy, not performance.

Silly insurance companies. I guess going from very little safety/security to great safety/security should cost more. Makes sense, no?? :rolleyes:

That's it, the turbo, I had forgotten. I've heard the reason GM ditched the supercharged Cobalt SS and went to a turbo is because the cost of insuring it was making it hard to sell with some poeples insurance costing more than the car payments.

·
Registered
73 Posts
mine went up slightly from a 2001 civic lx. about 175 I believe for the year. made me look at my policy more closely though, and I ended up increasing my deductible to 500 and brought it pretty much back in line to what I was paying before. maybe 40 more now.

·
Registered
73 Posts
ha..it increased by about 175. I wish I was paying 175 a year!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Keep in mind that insurance rates get governed by a lot of variables:

Car/Cost of repair
Safety Features
Zip Code
Garaged at night
Credit History
Mileage
Deductible
Coverage Limits
Add-On like Towing, Rental Car, Glass

Makes it very difficult to do much of a comparison person to person. The only analysis would be up or down on a case by case basis.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmm. I really wonder if it has something to do with the turbo then. I was happy when I bought the vehicle and found out my insurance was going to be around the same as my old car, but suddenly it seems they have gathered new data on the car. You would think the car being so safe would help though. Funny thing is my insurance agent hadn't really heard of the cruze and she was saying imports are sometimes more expensive to repair than domestics so rates are higher then she noticed it was a chevy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine went up about $17.00 per month... but we got rid of an '03 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab with a Hemi, so I got my real savings through my monthly gas bill!

·
Registered
3 Posts
About 3 weeks ago, we bought a prius and a cruze eco. We are insured with Allstate, the prius is 500. for 6 months, the cruze is 330. I found it interesting.

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
About 3 weeks ago, we bought a prius and a cruze eco. We are insured with Allstate, the prius is 500. for 6 months, the cruze is 330. I found it interesting.
...no expensive batteries in a Cruze to replace should an accident occur.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I just went in for a renewal of my insurance policy today and found out my premium is going up from about 680 to 840 every 6 months. Nationwide says that the cost to repair my vehicle has increased and is high. I was a little shocked and even my insurance agent said that it was a substantial increase and that this was the first time she had seen them give this explanation. I wouldn't think it would be anymore to repair the Cruze than any other new car, but I guess it is what it is.
I went with Travellers Insurance and they have a $5,000 deductible on new cars....makes your rates cheap but you have to be a good driver and not run into anything or anybody......

·
Registered
223 Posts
Keep in mind that insurance rates get governed by a lot of variables:

Car/Cost of repair
Safety Features
Zip Code
Garaged at night
Credit History
Mileage
Deductible
Coverage Limits
Add-On like Towing, Rental Car, Glass

Makes it very difficult to do much of a comparison person to person. The only analysis would be up or down on a case by case basis.
You forgot the most important thing!!:p Your driving record!!:p

I pay $489 every 6 months for my cruze and it's fully loaded! State Farm is awesome when you have a clean driving record for more than 10 years. (knocks on wood)

·
Registered
57 Posts
i have esurance and it only cost me 50 a month to add mine on i now have three cars on full coverage 0 glass deductable 500 comp and collision deductable....i swiched to them when i got my ss camaro and they were way cheaper than everyone else

1 - 20 of 29 Posts