Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys... so heres the thing, i found a Performance Chip : 2011 Chevrolet Cruze : Jet Performance #11009S on craigslist for a 1.4t the guy says his is auto trans, mine is the same vehicle as his but mine is a manual trans does this make a difference will it not work for mine? also, is this a "decent" product hes selling it for way cheap (he said hes going another route ie. getting a bigger turbo) im not looking for a drastic change or whatnot just a little more pep, this is a plug and play type of "tune"/"chip". Its something id really be interested in even just trying out for the price its listed for, with that being said on top of the other questions are there are pros/cons anyone knows of on this product? i dont wanna F my ride up but i just want honest feedback even if you dont "like" this chip, and rather me togo trifecta tuned ride. i really just want honest unbiased anwser. thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
It is my understanding that unless you have a diesel, chips are useless and can cause more issues than good. My 2¢.

- DROID RAZR MAXX.

·
Registered
718 Posts
When you go with an actual tuner, you get to send logs to the tuner to examine if there are any issues.

You can't do that with the Jet. It's settings are it's settings and that's it.

If you weren't a 1.4 then I'd say give it a shot. But there is too much that can go wrong adding boost without monitoring what is happening.

Not worth it is my opinion.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
has anyone tried this on here? im interested in getting it just because of the price i just want to make a good choice. I obviously dont want to mess up anything like i stated above but ive heard mixed reviews as i do with almost everything...

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
I don't recall anybody using a Jet chip on a Cruze. Likely it's a resistor in a box.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
which im novice terms means.. haha sorry i hate being retarded on here

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and ur not telling me not to get it so u can scoop it on CL right?! haha :1poke:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Junk. All the jet chip does essentially is trick the ecu into using more fuel. If you want real numbers, you need to get tuned by either Vermont tuning or trifecta. Until then, you're wasting your money.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok junk is junk no matter of stuborn i am ill pass on it, thanks for the input guys genuinely.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Also, if you're getting it from craigslist be careful because most tuning products are locked to a single VIN and while I don't know much about how the JET actually works (physically), you could be getting a dud. If it does lock to a VIN then you will need to know if it's unlockable or not (meaning you can move it to another car).

Could you give them a call for us and get more info?

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
From what I've heard accrossed the few auto forums I've been on Jet Chips are the absolute best Snake Oil out there.

I wouldn't recommend it but it'd be interesting to hear from someone who actually used one for once

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I will add my 2 cents.Jet has been around for years some of you guys were in diapers when there chips were out.I can say back than they did increase power.And as said they did add resistance here and there to do it.What i would do is email them and see what they have to say about it.It would be interesting to know what they say it does.All i can say is what there were i do not know how they do it today as far as increaseing power.I know there plug in did work good in the old mustang GTs.They are still around so they got to be doing something right?

Reactions: spacedout

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Now that I think about it, I did help my dad put one of these in in his 94 Mustang GT (and by help I mean stare at him while he did it), don't remember if it changed anything but he seemed happy about it...interesting

·
Registered
420 Posts
dyno tune FTW, it doesn't get any better/accurate than that, in my honest opinion, I love my dyno shop that I go to, and I trust my guys with just about anything, build a good relationship with a local dyno shop and they will get you squared away. The dangers of a chip is that they do not come preprogrammed to adjust to weather, preexisting modifications or anything, they are a manufacture specific/generic tune, which could have a fatal outcome to your engine.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is trifecta cheaper then going to a local tuner w a dyno? What's better? Thanks for all the info I'm becoming a pro haha

·
Registered
420 Posts
Is trifecta cheaper then going to a local tuner w a dyno? What's better? Thanks for all the info I'm becoming a pro haha

Haha its cool man, we all have to start somewhere, and getting tuned properly is always a good start, I never had an issue, my local trifecta tuner took care of me and between him and Vince (guy pretty much handles all of our tunes coast to coast) they got me tuned up for 250 bucks as opposed to the 350 they were going to charge me, but do not cut corners when it comes to a tune! Get in touch with trifecta, or a dyno shop, they both do diagnostic tuning which is what you need.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok and it's a far shot but uk anywhere In the upstate ny area that's reputable? Ill drive a little bit my wallet won't care thanks to my Eco hahah

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Reactions: Kingsal
1 - 20 of 25 Posts