Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So going to be getting a Cruze on Tuesday. Father just told me we have to go make a trade in. Well anyways he mentioned something that the key folds up into the FOB, that seems so ridiculously stupid. Is this true? I'm going to have to take care of my keys extra good. I work construction and can be around dust and grime all the time. Watch I'll be having to get extra one or something when one locks up with crud and the key won't come out. Why do they have to make stupid ideas like this?

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
It's a switchblade style fold. Don't worry about it as you can clean both the key and the shallow channel relatively easily.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
So going to be getting a Cruze on Tuesday. Father just told me we have to go make a trade in. Well anyways he mentioned something that the key folds up into the FOB, that seems so ridiculously stupid. Is this true? I'm going to have to take care of my keys extra good. I work construction and can be around dust and grime all the time. Watch I'll be having to get extra one or something when one locks up with crud and the key won't come out. Why do they have to make stupid ideas like this?

IT has been tooooo Long since I gave this out to any 1 so with out further ado . our newest recipient ..

View attachment 142233

·
Premium Member
8,011 Posts
Well anyways he mentioned something that the key folds up into the FOB, that seems so ridiculously stupid. Is this true?
Yes, it's true, but I wouldn't worry about that. I'd worry more about having buttons on the fob accidentally pressed. That unlock the car, pop the trunk and even start the car.

Depending on what Cruze you get, you may not even need the key. Just have the FOB in your pocket. But the button issue remains.

·
Registered
28 Posts
How dare you bad mouth the key to your cruze! It is so nice to have a key in your pocket that isn't trying to stab you in the thigh. But seriously the key is really easy to keep clean. It seems like a good design with seals so it shouldn't allow dust to get into the fob itself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts