Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the site and just want to say I love this site. Also, if I am posting this in the wrong area I apologize. Anyway, to the problem I experienced. I have a 2011 1.4L Turbo Cruze ECO with the manual trans. Yesterday, on my way home from Canada (about a two hour drive) I noticed decreased acceleration about 15 minutes away from home. I had my passenger open Torque Pro on my phone and pulled up the real time stats. I put the car in fourth gear and gave it full throttle, but Torque was only showing 50% throttle and 5.5psi of boost, and it definitely felt like it. After I restarted the car, Torque was showing normal readings, 85% throttle max and 18 psi of boost at max.

I have the VTuner performance tune, running 93 octane. I also received a p0299 code a few weeks ago when I was in rush hour traffic for almost two hours doing about 5 mph. I reset the code and never had a problem since. I also had the A/C on during both of these problems.

Any idea what the problem could be? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advace.

-Doug

·
Administrator
25,038 Posts
How many miles and when did you purchase your Cruze? I'd flash back to stock and then call your dealership. p0299 is a turbo under boost code and if you're under 100,000 miles / 5 years it will probably be covered under the power train warranty.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Worn, or corroded, waste gate pivot pins?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's got 52,000 miles. I bought it last year with 36,000 miles on it. I cleared the CEL it's not throwing the code anymore, so a dealership won't do anything about it, right? :/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts