Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just bought a cruze LS 2011 and i just have an AUX input im my storega conpartment. Beside is an empty usb port. I take it apart and do not see any cable for usb connector. Is there any solution to set up an usb connector to listen music from it? I see that u can buy cable with that connector or is there any other solution for it?

Thx.

·
Premium Member
7,777 Posts
Beside is an empty usb port. I take it apart and do not see any cable for usb connector.
Do you have the USB connector, or just the empty spot where it would go? Do you have the factory radio, or had a aftermarket been dropped in?

·
Registered
86 Posts
when i checked into this for my 2013 LS cruze the dealer told me you can't just add usb but need an entire audio unit replacement....which makes zero sense to me. i've made due with my aux plug in and my phone for music.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need to open plastic cover and get radio out to see if it has USb connection on backside. I was also thinking to buy something like this IOKONE Car DVD Player For Chevrolet Cruze 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 With Radio,Bluetooth,GPS,iPod,Steering Wheel Control,Canbus-in Car DVD from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group but i don't know if original connectors fit. And the other soluttion i was thinking to buy bluetooth PDIM multi-media player interface module and swaped with stock and just add an usb connector to it and it will be done, but i'm not shure it will work or will fit becouse i have one din display for info in a center console? Has anybody try this swaped or place other lcd unit in it?

·
Administrator
25,080 Posts
There are two different audio head units for the base stereo. From the descriptions I've seen the only difference is that one supports the USB interface and one doesn't.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you suggest or anybody else for me to buy to have an usb and maybe a navigation like on link that i post :)

Tnx in advance and for great forum :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts