Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to purchase a 2012 Cruze LTZ with the 1.4L Turbo.

Have the issues with coolant leak been fixed? I read some old threads where people were still having problems after replacement.

Can anyone update me on that problem any other potential problems with this vehicle?

Thanks!

·
Registered
279 Posts
The water pump issue is all Cruze's, not just the 1.4 Turbo. Only exception may be the diesels, haven't seen any issues with them. I work in service at a Chevy dealership so I've seen a few, not enough to NOT buy a Cruze....and haven't seen any back for repeat issue.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
I think the main issue with the coolant is that it's not actually getting fixed. At least in my case. They just say they take care of the recall by filling it.

This fixes the issue for some, but for those who actually have a leak it needs to be fixed, like mine. Mine is a-ok now.

I have a '13 LTZ and certainly feel like I have had a lot of recalls for a new car, but nothing that has disappointed me, and haven't had any major issues beyond recalls.

Sent with iLove 6.0

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Good to see that they finally got it fixed, because it seems a lot of people were still complaining up until 2014...even lawsuits. I bought a 2007 Buick Lucerne as a second car and have been having nothing but issues with it since buying it with only 61K and very good condition, which is why I'm considering the Cruze. I've been a lifelong GM buyer, but I have to admit, I'm getting a little sick of the quality issues.

·
Administrator
25,040 Posts
On the 2012s, fire up the engine and run it to temperature. Then turn the heater on. If it stinks up the cabin insist the HVAC box be replaced before you purchase. This is [URL="http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/25-service-issues/12369-pi0935-odor-hvac-system-temperature-control-set-high-heat-engine.html]PI-0935[/URL].

1 - 6 of 6 Posts