Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. The car is for my daughter. She had a Saturn Ion which took her through College. The car was in excellent condition however she was in an accident and the insurance company declared it a total loss. She is fine.
We went out looking at cars and then at the end of the day I took her to a chevy dealer to drive a Cruze. We both were very impressed and decided to look for a Cruze that she wanted. We could not find one that she liked and we ended up ordering one for her. It is a Taupe Gray with the black and Brick interior.
The LS we drove was great and I can only imagine the LTZ that much better. We are tracking the car as it goes through the process of getting built. As of today, it is at the 3300 cycle. Hopefully we'll get a build date soon.:D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi Parent. I'm a long lost son. Can you buy me one? Oh. Wait. I already have one!!!!! lol Tell your daughter" Welcome to the club"

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This car is going to be all hers. Payments and all. I only help my kids with their first.
I am just as excited about this car as she is. We live in So Cal and have not seen one in the streets yet. I know she will have the only Cruze around here for awhile. Depending on how I, oops, I meant she likes the car; I may wait and see if Chevy will come out with a SS version.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Welcome a board
Your daughter is lucky to have a brand new Cruze! Dang i wish i did lol
I heard that Chevy wont be releasing a SS Cruze, but a Z-Spec Cruze which would probably be the same as the SS if it were to come out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We received an update about the car today. It was produced yesterday Jan4th and the code now says 4B00 awaiting shipment.
Does anyone know how long it will take to make it out to the west coast?

·
Registered
559 Posts
This is the hardest part. Knowing the car is born but not yet having it in your hands. It took me about 10 days to get it, but I am only 3.5 hours away from Lordstown. If I thought it would work, I would have gone to the plant and picked it up myself. Ive driven there dozens of times. No idea how long it will take to get out to you though. I imagine it will be shipped by rail.
You see any Volts out there yet? I see them every day, but I still get a kick out of seeing them "in the wild" around town.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It will be shipped by rail. My sales guy mentioned that it should be here between the 19 or 26th of Jan. I can't beleive it will take that long but, oh well.
No, I have not seen any Volts in the area where I travel. The North Orange County area.
My Daughter is getting excited.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We received an update, it was shipped on Thursday Jan 6th!
Maybe it will be here by next weekend!

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
...the Cruze ECO™ model didn't even begin production until end-of-year 2010.

...the rest of the line (LS, LT's and LTZ) have been in production (officially) at Lordstown, OH, since September 2010, although pre-production cars began in August 2010 I believe.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Salesmen have told me it only takes 3 weeks to get an ordered car. They are so full of it! From my experience it is 6-7 weeks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi i was wondering how long it took from start to finish? I ordered a taupe grey with black on brick interior also. But mine will be a 2LT with the RS package and 17" wheels. The dealer told me that my car was scheduled for production on the 31st of Jan but he didnt really seem to know exactly how long it would take to get here. He told me mid to late Feb but he didnt seem to confident about that. Also did the dealer have to track it for you through the building process or could you do this on your own like online or something? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.