Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Read Only
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My 1.4L started making a strange sound over the past few weeks and I was hoping some of you may shed some light on the situation before I take it to the dealership for inspection.

The noise sounds like a slightly high pitch wurr. If you've ever dealt with high pressure fluid flowing through a half-open valve, that's kind of what it sounds like. It's hard for me to describe it. It happens once the car is started, and isn't effected by speed or RPM (same pitch/tone if I'm stopped or driving). From the drivers seat it sounds like it's coming from near the back of the engine bay, but is hard to tell. I took a sound recording of this from inside the car, and got out to do the same with the hood popped but the sound stopped. It comes and goes.

So here is a sound clip. It's quiet and not noticeable if the radio is turned on even to a low volume. My microphone is very sensitive so it sounds a lot louder than it actually is, but gives a pretty good depiction of the type of sound it is.

I uploaded it to my google drive, you should be able to listen to it there. It's a .m4a file, some browsers should be able to play it, others you may need to download the file to listen.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzqBvYFcJUgla3YyQ3ZoSjNGaVU

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm hoping it's just a belt or something.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Couldn't get the sound bit to work so couldn't listen to the noise. Near the driver side of the engine bay is the brake reservoir and the coolant overflow tank. Could possibly have a leak somewhere in one of the lines

1 - 3 of 3 Posts