Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

141 - 143 of 143 Posts

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,485 Posts
My 2014 1.4L manual would only go into 3d gear on I-95. 60,605 miles. Dealer admits it needs a new transmission, which they say is covered under the warranty, but still want me to pay for the shifter cable, clutch and flywheel claiming they aren't covered under the powertrain..... can anyone help me to verify or give information which would help me advocate w/ my dealer?
Clutch is a consumable. Flywheel is definitely covered. Shifter cable shouldn't need to be replaced; if it is because the trans is different, it should be warrantied.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Clutch is a consumable. Flywheel is definitely covered. Shifter cable shouldn't need to be replaced; if it is because the trans is different, it should be warrantied.
It was my understanding the shift cable is the same between the 2 different trans designs. The only thing different was the tower. I had my '12 replaced with a new trans a couple years ago (newer design) and there was no shift cable replacement. Regardless that would be a warranty item and it would associated with the trans replacement if it changed.

I agree with you tough, everything but the clutch is covered.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,485 Posts
It was my understanding the shift cable is the same between the 2 different trans designs. The only thing different was the tower. I had my '12 replaced with a new trans a couple years ago (newer design) and there was no shift cable replacement. Regardless that would be a warranty item and it would associated with the trans replacement if it changed.

I agree with you tough, everything but the clutch is covered.
Yes, same here - mine was replaced with the updated design & shift cables weren't needed. I did pay for the clutch and clutch actuator (throw-out bearing).

141 - 143 of 143 Posts
About this Discussion
142 Replies
53 Participants
jblackburn
Chevrolet Cruze Forums
CruzeTalk.com forum, news, discussions and the best community for owners to discuss all things related to the Chevy Cruze.
Full Forum Listing