Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,575 Posts
My 2014 1.4L manual would only go into 3d gear on I-95. 60,605 miles. Dealer admits it needs a new transmission, which they say is covered under the warranty, but still want me to pay for the shifter cable, clutch and flywheel claiming they aren't covered under the powertrain..... can anyone help me to verify or give information which would help me advocate w/ my dealer?
Clutch is a consumable. Flywheel is definitely covered. Shifter cable shouldn't need to be replaced; if it is because the trans is different, it should be warrantied.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Clutch is a consumable. Flywheel is definitely covered. Shifter cable shouldn't need to be replaced; if it is because the trans is different, it should be warrantied.
It was my understanding the shift cable is the same between the 2 different trans designs. The only thing different was the tower. I had my '12 replaced with a new trans a couple years ago (newer design) and there was no shift cable replacement. Regardless that would be a warranty item and it would associated with the trans replacement if it changed.

I agree with you tough, everything but the clutch is covered.

·
16,575 Posts
It was my understanding the shift cable is the same between the 2 different trans designs. The only thing different was the tower. I had my '12 replaced with a new trans a couple years ago (newer design) and there was no shift cable replacement. Regardless that would be a warranty item and it would associated with the trans replacement if it changed.

I agree with you tough, everything but the clutch is covered.
Yes, same here - mine was replaced with the updated design & shift cables weren't needed. I did pay for the clutch and clutch actuator (throw-out bearing).

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm having an issue with my manual transmission (2016 Cruze Limited LS 1.8L 6M) that I haven't seen covered on the forum anywhere and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

In January 2019 @ 23,395 miles, I noticed that the passenger side axle seal was leaking slightly (not dripping on the ground, but the transmission was covered in oil below it). Took it to the dealership and they replaced the seal and fluid under warranty. Later in the year (only a few months later), I noticed it was leaking again from the same seal. Took it to a different dealership (first experience wasn't the greatest) in early September @ 34,294 miles, and they again just replaced the seal. They claimed the first dealership did it wrong. It's now late September @ 34,700 miles, and the seal is leaking again, same as before.

Thoughts? Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what was the resolution (transmission replacement, CV axle replacement)?

·
16,575 Posts
I'm having an issue with my manual transmission (2016 Cruze Limited LS 1.8L 6M) that I haven't seen covered on the forum anywhere and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

In January 2019 @ 23,395 miles, I noticed that the passenger side axle seal was leaking slightly (not dripping on the ground, but the transmission was covered in oil below it). Took it to the dealership and they replaced the seal and fluid under warranty. Later in the year (only a few months later), I noticed it was leaking again from the same seal. Took it to a different dealership (first experience wasn't the greatest) in early September @ 34,294 miles, and they again just replaced the seal. They claimed the first dealership did it wrong. It's now late September @ 34,700 miles, and the seal is leaking again, same as before.

Thoughts? Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what was the resolution (transmission replacement, CV axle replacement)?
I don't know if they did it wrong AGAIN, but I definitely had a seal leak after they removed the trans in my car to replace the flywheel (Drivers side). Another dealership replaced it and that was the end of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm glad I came across this post. My manual 6 speed in my ECO started grinding 3rd gear at about 60k miles. It usually only did it under acceleration. I now have 84K miles on it and have finally taken it in. The next day the dealer called me and told me that they were ordering a new transmission for it. Thankfully its covered under their 100k mile drive-train warranty. I'm thinking of putting 5k miles on the new tranny to work out all the break in trash then switch over to Amsoil. Has anyone had to get a new transmission because of grinding gear issues?

·
Registered
6 Posts
How did you get it covered under the warranty .the warranty expires 80,000.. you said you said you had 84,000 I'm at 85000

·
Registered
6 Posts
According to your reply my 2012 Chevy cruze eco should be covered. It has a 1.4 turbo with 85000 mil . the dealer is telling me no. Any suggestions

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have an issue with a m32. It is rough going into 4 and sometimes 3. Once in the gear it acts normally with no noise or smell. I have tried to change the fluid to a Penzzoil Sychromesh and it did nothing. Is this a sign that I am losing a bearing or have other issues? To be honest I have a 2013 Chevy Sonic 1.4 ltr turbo. Your forums are just much better here :)

·
16,575 Posts
I have an issue with a m32. It is rough going into 4 and sometimes 3. Once in the gear it acts normally with no noise or smell. I have tried to change the fluid to a Penzzoil Sychromesh and it did nothing. Is this a sign that I am losing a bearing or have other issues? To be honest I have a 2013 Chevy Sonic 1.4 ltr turbo. Your forums are just much better here :)
Sounds like the shift cables might need adjustment since they are in the same-ish position of the shifter. I believe this was somewhat common with Sonics.

Take a look at the link below:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't know if they did it wrong AGAIN, but I definitely had a seal leak after they removed the trans in my car to replace the flywheel (Drivers side). Another dealership replaced it and that was the end of it.
I took the car into the dealership again and this time they replaced the axle along with the seal. They said the axle was "excessively loose" in the transmission. So far no leaks, so that seems to have been the problem.

141 - 153 of 153 Posts