Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,814 Posts
Nobody wants cars anymore, unfortunately.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ditto that!

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
There is a definite trend away from cars for sure, but I wonder if part of the Cruze problem is the gen 2 body design? I enjoyed driving the Premier I test drove, but I can't say I am in love with the body design.

Reactions: AutumnCruzeRS

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,005 Posts
There is a definite trend away from cars for sure, but I wonder if part of the Cruze problem is the gen 2 body design? I enjoyed driving the Premier I test drove, but I can't say I am in love with the body design.
I wasn't a huge fan of it at first. A couple weeks with a rental one changed my mind. I really wanted to not like it. The RS package helps immensely.

·
Premium Member
4,814 Posts
I wasn't a huge fan of it at first. A couple weeks with a rental one changed my mind. I really wanted to not like it. The RS package helps immensely.
To me the RS package is imperative. I like it regardless, but the RS package makes it much more appealing - moreso than on the 1st gen (where it looked plenty fine without the RS package).

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
To me the RS package is imperative. I like it regardless, but the RS package makes it much more appealing - moreso than on the 1st gen (where it looked plenty fine without the RS package).
I agree with your view. I like the Cruze much better with the RS package, bigger wheels etc. maybe gen 2 will grow on me as well, I don't dislike it, just not in love with it especially on the base level. Heck, my gen 1 only has 27k so not really seeking another car at the moment anyways.

Reactions: jblackburn

·
Premium Member
4,814 Posts
Reactions: sparkman

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I kinda think consumers have a lot of choices and when fuel is reasonable people migrate to crossovers SUVs and trucks, I have a Cruze and a full size f150 I enjoy them both. Right now I use the Cruze for highway and work and drive the truck for pleasure and weekends, seems to work well for me.

·
Premium Member
4,814 Posts
Yup - the second gas prices started downward, people went right back to buying bigger vehicles.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I think its Chevys goofy pricing structure on the Cruze. If you are window shopping or internet shopping the Cruze is hands down more expensive and from a few people who have looked at it they feel like they cant get the configuration they want without buying the Premier which is not the case on almost all the competition.

Fixing the packaging and pricing of the Gen 2 would help alot IMHO.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
I think its Chevys goofy pricing structure on the Cruze. If you are window shopping or internet shopping the Cruze is hands down more expensive and from a few people who have looked at it they feel like they cant get the configuration they want without buying the Premier which is not the case on almost all the competition.

How do you think us manual hatch folk feel? :p

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,005 Posts

Agreed. The LT interior didn't do much for me, and I had a heck of a time finding one with the specific option packages I wanted (apparently RS w/ Sun + Sound is quite rare around these parts).

It almost feels like a totally different interior in Premier trim. The Gen 1 really felt like there wasn't that huge gap between trim levels.

·
Premium Member
4,814 Posts
The Gen 1 really felt like there wasn't that huge gap between trim levels.
That's because there really wasn't. It's the theme with vehicles of "this generation" (as in, new in the last couple years) that you really make the lower trims physically much less nice overall than the mid or high end trims to drive sales that way. It used to be that you just didn't get leather, and you missed out on high-end features - but if you didn't care about all that, it wasn't a big deal because the interior was still the same build. These days, the entry level trims just seem cheaper physically. It's almost as if they used plastics of a lower quality or something (they didn't - but may have used a different paint process over top, or maybe things don't get wrapped). Just the way things are going...

Reactions: jblackburn
1 - 20 of 24 Posts