Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Happy New Year! My name is Brent from Southern California. Picked up a '14 Cruze Diesel yesterday from a local dealer with 52k on it for my wife to do her running around in while she is in school the next few years. She is coming from a 4x4 Suburban with a 2" lift so it is a big change. The car is a 1 owner dealer serviced car that is in MINT condition. I always work on my own vehicles so I am looking forward to gaining some knowledge here. So far we both LOVE the car.

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Hi all. Happy New Year! My name is Brent from Southern California. Picked up a '14 Cruze Diesel yesterday from a local dealer with 52k on it for my wife to do her running around in while she is in school the next few years. She is coming from a 4x4 Suburban with a 2" lift so it is a big change. The car is a 1 owner dealer serviced car that is in MINT condition. I always work on my own vehicles so I am looking forward to gaining some knowledge here. So far we both LOVE the car.
And we love you and Simi Valley too, great low crime rate and out of that other Valley becoming a jungle, I left it 20 years ago and moved to a swamp in Miami, and now back in Southern California in the Desert. You might visit the G.M. Recall center https://my.gm.com/recalls although I don't recall any recalls in like 3 years, the 2014 was a good year. Hey today was the big day in California, Pot is now available to anyone over 21!:wavetowel2:

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Welcome @Brisk and congrats on the diesel. You’ll find lots of great info in the Gen 1 Diesel area of the forum. Glad you’re on board.

What color?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And we love you and Simi Valley too, great low crime rate and out of that other Valley becoming a jungle, I left it 20 years ago and moved to a swamp in Miami, and now back in Southern California in the Desert. You might visit the G.M. Recall center my gm recalls although I don't recall any recalls in like 3 years, the 2014 was a good year. Hey today was the big day in California, Pot is now available to anyone over 21!:wavetowel2:
Heading up to Cal City in a couple of weeks to camp and ride. I love the Mojave desert!

Welcome Brisk and congrats on the diesel. You’ll find lots of great info in the Gen 1 Diesel area of the forum. Glad you’re on board.

What color?
Thanks! White with Tan Interior. We love the Parker Strip! Hoping to get the boat out there this summer. Our go-to place is usually Pirates Cove in Needles/Topock

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Thanks! White with Tan Interior. We love the Parker Strip! Hoping to get the boat out there this summer. Our go-to place is usually Pirates Cove in Needles/Topock
Excellent, same color options as mine! Last March I looked all over So Cal and AZ for a clean white diesel to replace the TDI. After seeing several ‘beaters’ I ended up flying to Austin, TX to get mine.

Today I drove 235 miles from Parker to Anaheim, CA at 60 mph, got 55 mpg...the TDI never did better than 50.

You and the Mrs will love this car...just be sure to get it out on the highway every so often, the emissions system seems to like the open road.

Not sure if you know the Gen 1 CTD does not have a spare. If that concerns you, this is a great option http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/64-g...cussion/161002-verano-doughnut-spare-ctd.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Our kids go to school 20 miles away. So that takes care of the highway driving (80mi/day). That is also the big reason for the purchase. Gas was getting pricey at 12mpg in the Suburban.

It would be nice to have a spare but I think with the factory pump, AAA and my Dodge/flatbed trailer we can manage. (Famous last words :banghead: )

Reactions: Rivergoer
1 - 9 of 9 Posts