Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the recent discussions of wheels, here's a helpful guide to all the specifications of all OEM Cruze wheels:

10 wheels offered for the 2011-2014 GMNA Cruze:

LS (& 2011 1LT base) with hubcap:
- Steel
- 16 x 6.5”
- Semigloss black painted
- ??mm offset
- 5x105 lug pattern
- 18 lbs wheel only
- GM p/n 13259234

- 2011 only Silver Sparkle wheel cover p/n: 09598753 or 22786873

- 2012+ Silver Sparkle wheel cover p/n: 20934134

1LT 5 Spoke:
- Cast Aluminum
- 16 x 6.5”
- Fully machined finish
- 42mm offset
- 5x105 lug pattern
- 19.8 lbs (thanks Eastwood!)
- GM p/n 95224533

Eco 15 Spoke:
- Forged Aluminum
- 17 x 7”
- Fully polished
- 42mm offset
- 5x105 lug pattern
- 17.8 lbs
- GM p/n 20982450

2011 only 2LT 5 Spoke:
- Cast Aluminum
- 17 x 7”
- Machined face with dark gray pockets
- 42mm offset
- 5x105 lug pattern
- ?? lbs
- GM p/n 96831802

Note, an all silver version of this wheel was available for a short time on the 2LT:

2012+ 2LT 5 Spoke:
- Cast Aluminum
- 17 x 7”
- Polished face/silver painted pockets
- 42mm offset
- 5x105 lug pattern
- 23 lbs
- GM p/n 95481251

(Note, a chrome version of this 2012 2LT wheel was available as a GM accessory wheel, p/n 19201916: )

LTZ (& all Canadian RS) 5 Split-spoke:
- Cast Aluminum
- 18 x 7.5”
- Fully painted Sterling Silver
- 42mm offset
- 5x105 lug pattern
- 26 lbs
- GM p/n 13254959

Diesel 5 Split-spoke:
- Cast Aluminum
- 17 x 7”
- Fully painted Sparkle Silver
- 42mm offset
- 5x115 lug pattern
- 22 lbs
- GM p/n

Modular compact spare (All models except Eco Manual Trans and diesel):

- Stamped steel
- 16 x 4”
- Painted semigloss black
- ??mm offset
- 5x105 lug pattern (WILL NOT WORK ON A DIESEL!!)
- 28 lbs with tire mounted
- GM p/n

All cast aluminum wheels use brushed aluminum center cap # 9595095.
Eco forged aluminum wheel uses polished aluminum center cap # 9594156.

As far as I know, all Cruze wheels use Schrader tire pressure monitoring sensors, GM p/n 20922900.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Took me about an hour of searching online to find the bolt pattern for the car. Nice to have them in here for others to see.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Updated to add a couple I forgot, as well as pictures.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
180 Posts
Great information. Have one question, would you happen to know the size(s) of the center caps or where to buy plain center caps? I have LTZ wheels and I don't plan on buying aftermarket rims either.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great information. Have one question, would you happen to know the size(s) of the center caps or where to buy plain center caps? I have LTZ wheels and I don't plan on buying aftermarket rims either.
No idea, sorry! What do you mean about plain center cap, just a smooth face?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a question. I have a 2012 base cruze that came with the steelies. I just bought the 15 spoke eco wheels. It seems that the the wheel studs are a lot smaller and seems if i put it on it will be unsafe. Any input guys?

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a question. I have a 2012 base cruze that came with the steelies. I just bought the 15 spoke eco wheels. It seems that the the wheel studs are a lot smaller and seems if i put it on it will be unsafe. Any input guys?
People have replaced the steelies with other Cruze wheels quite often, so you shouldn't have any problems. I don't know the steelies that well to know if the lug holes are much smaller, but that's nothing to worry about. All Cruze wheels are designed to be hub-centric, meaning the wheel mounts around and self-centers to the hub on the car. When you pick the wheel up and push it on the lugs, you should notice it kind of settle into place- that's the wheel fitting around the hub collar. The lug nuts that you should use with the Eco wheels (I'm not sure if they're the same as the steelie nuts) have a large, tapered collar on them to fit in the wheel. When you spin them on the studs, that collar will seat into the wheel. Even though the wheel is centered on the hub, the collars on the nuts help to center each stud in the holes, locking it down.

Long story short, the studs just hold the wheel on, the hub collar and matching surface on the wheel is what holds the majority of the weight/force.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,646 Posts
A rebuttal has formed! A current owner has weighed a Diesel wheel at 24lbs. I trust a CT member for than an ebay seller. :D
Stock 17x7 Diesel Wheel: 24lbs
I was reading through the thread and just about to post the same thing... beat me to it! I would be REAL surprised if the Diesel wheels were that light since they are just cast wheels, no claims of superior construction or anything.

On another note, AWESOME job Sunline!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I See that the Eco wheels are polished aluminum like I suspected. I assume that they are clear coated as well, can someone confirm this?

I discovered that a wheel on my brand new Cruze is pretty severely marred and scratched. I can catch it with my nail, but it's not gouged in to the metal. They are white/opaque like you would find on a painted surface. I have a Porter Cable is this something I can hit with that and a metal polish?

I apologize if this is the wrong area for the question.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The best thing I can suggest is to try to touch it up/fill it in with a clear coat touch up pen. Otherwise, you'll have to have the entire wheel stripped and clear coated.

I believe the clear coat is probably a powder coat finish, but I'm not sure. It's probably an industry standard basic clear coat, but it seems some refinishers have trouble matching it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you for the replies. What it looks like is the wheel was removed and laid/fell face down. So it's not severe and I didn't even notice it when I bought it because of the position of the wheel. I'll try and treat it like a painted surface then with the PC and try and correct it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just got the 17" 15 spoke Eco wheels put on my 1LT.

I took the opportunity to weigh my old 16" 5 spoke 1LT wheels to see how heavy they were and if I was indeed losing any unsprung weight.

All 4 weighed in at 19.8 pounds. Wheel only. No tire.

1LT 5 Spoke:

19.8 pounds

All 4 Eco wheels were also the reported 17.8 a piece. So I lost 8 pounds of unsprung weight by switching wheels.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just got the 17" 15 spoke Eco wheels put on my 1LT.

I took the opportunity to weigh my old 16" 5 spoke 1LT wheels to see how heavy they were and if I was indeed losing any unsprung weight.

All 4 weighed in at 19.8 pounds. Wheel only. No tire.

1LT 5 Spoke:

19.8 pounds

All 4 Eco wheels were also the reported 17.8 a piece. So I lost 8 pounds of unsprung weight by switching wheels.
8 lbs? Man I gained that on thanksgiving day!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts