Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I may have a oil leak or may not have, I am honestly hoping its a sloppy job done by the techs that done my oil change I think I can live with that better after all I have been through with my Cruze. So here is what I found :

I raised my hook to check the engine as I want to monitor this car as I don't really feel that safe w/ it after all the issues this has had & give me. That being said after raising the hook I looked down on the transmission casing right behind the gear leakage I noticed a puddle of oil I looked at where it maybe coming from I didn't notice anything that stood out; so I took the "EcoTech" cover off & put my thumb over that hole to see if sucked air it would be bad from what I read here ( thanks you'll !! ); & it didn't do anything so I ruled out the PCV valve for now until further investigation & possible some pictures tomorrow ( if leak occurs again ); Now around the throttle body there is grim build up. But what did stand out to me alittle is the hose coming off the back of the water outlet is "oil wet" I am thinking this isn't normal.

*** I cleaned the oil off the transmission casing to see if that re-appears ***

So any suggestions on what might be the cause of this & has anyone else experienced this before & what was the issue & what was the outcome?

Also want to mention as I started the car to look to see any possible visible oil leaking which there wasn't I noticed the car making a whooshing" sound does anyone else car do this?

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update : After checking this further when I had further time to check it, it seems it coming from the throttle body when I take my flash light & look over on the side towards the engine area I see grim build up & oily - so any suggestions on where this could be coming from & most importantly is it powertrain warranty claim?

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update : Sorry all for the late responses back to you guys; I just wanted to watch for the leak to start back again after cleaning the oil up, & sure enough it started leaking again back in the same spot - also I got curious as because this sorta leak occur before ( last year ) w/ the PCV valve leak I found it by looking under the passenger side front bumper under the splash guard & sure enough its oily there too, now this doesn't for sure tell me if the PCV valve leak because it not leaking on hitting the ground but oil shouldn't been in the attached images would you think?

So here is the images you guys are wanting also my oil level seems to be good right now as I checked it as I took the pictures.

Also please excuse my picture taken; I don't have a flash on my camera so I had to use flash light & do the best I could - if more pics needed just let me know & I'll get those.

WP_20151230_005.jpg WP_20151230_008.jpg WP_20151230_005.jpg

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bump - anyone w/ any suggestions or what this might be?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Can you grab some photos during the daylight to see a little better? Perhaps a wider shot to see the general vicinity of the area and then a zoomed in shot? Trying to see what is near by that could be leaking...

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can try getting better shots however gonna be hard where its leaking down on case of the transmission; also under the passenger front bumper under the splash guard it is wet there - & under the hood on the other side of the intake is grimy so I am thinking maybe its coming out of there? Because the cam cover is not wet around anywhere I can see - but I will grab better pictures I'll get the car out of under the car port so there is better light - I'll update soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just had a oil leak not long ago. 2012 Cruze Eco 1.4. Took it to the dealer and told them. The tech right away said it's probably the cam shaft actuator seals. (Common problem?) anyway that's what it was. Replaced under power train. Not saying that's where your leak is coming from but the tech seemed to think this was common.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

·
Patience Of Job
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Finally got my car into the dealership for service & they checked my car & it seems that the "throttle body" clap was lose & valve was "stuck" but they just unstuck it & tightened down the hose on the throttle body & cleaned up the oil & sent me on my way said nothing was wrong.

Now few hours later my engine light came on & gave code ( P1101 Intake Air Flow Performance ); then it seem to run OK sometime you could tell it was a little sluggish but nothing to be alarmed about. Mainly that engine light was my concern; so I continue to drive & then the engine is gone back off - maybe something was on the MAP sensor & it didn't get a response back or something causing that?

Also another thing I inspected once I parked the car I opened the hood & I notice on the "EcoTech" cover where the oil cap is located right on the corner of the cover where the metal part meets the end of the cover there is a wet spot nothing visible like oil but not sure what is going on there any thoughts?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts