Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
The quality issue is noteworthy. I have owned my ECO since last July, and had a few issues, which I addressed myself, rather than dealing with the dealership. Things like loose screws, mis-aligned wiring, and a rattle in the driver's door, which turned out to be a bolt rolling around in the bottom. I took the door apart myself to find it, as the dealer said I would have to leave the car for a day, for them to fix it. I agree about the carpet mats. They are really cheesy material. I am also almost worn through by the heal area. I don't know if this may be covered under warranty. I only have 5600 miles on the car. The mats in my 1966 Corvair, which are OEM, and almost 50 years old, are in better condition. Overall I am happy with the Cruze, but the attention to detail is questionable.

·
Super Moderator
4,967 Posts
I agree with mike. Nothing feels cheap to me. I had a 2007 Malibu and currently have 2005 Classic and I cannot say one is better than the other.

I am impressed with the feel and look of the interior. Nothing about it feels cheap to me at all.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Things like loose screws, mis-aligned wiring, and a rattle in the driver's door, which turned out to be a bolt rolling around in the bottom.
Sounds like the Lordstown folks are up to their old tricks. That was a fairly common issue "back in the day" before they shut the plant down.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I agree about the carpet mats. They are really cheesy material. I am also almost worn through by the heal area. I don't know if this may be covered under warranty. I only have 5600 miles on the car.
The carpet mat on my '06 Mazda 3 wore through just as fast in the heel area. I put Weathertech mats in my Eco before the carpet mat had a chance to wear through. Overall I am very pleased with the quality of the Cruze. Specifically the controls have a nicer feel to them and the clutch pedal is easier and smoother to use.

·
Registered
10 Posts
the car retails for under $20k

you can't expect euro quality... for what it is, it's quite good

for GM its stellar... have a sit in the sonic or the Nissan Versa/Sentras etc.

·
Registered
679 Posts
the car retails for under $20k

you can't expect euro quality... for what it is, it's quite good

for GM its stellar... have a sit in the sonic or the Nissan Versa/Sentras etc.
Well, most of the European cars here retail for a lot more than the Cruze. There are a lot of cheapo European cars that aren't sold here.

From the Cruzes I've sat in, I agree that the interior bits seem to be of pretty good apparent quality vs. other cars in its price range. Yes, current Sentras and Versas are pretty cheap on the inside. I did check out the Sonic recently and yes, they definitely skimped on its interior to keep costs down.

It's unreasonable to expect interior quality and materials from a car in the price range of a Cruze to compare to cars that start at say $35K+...

41 - 48 of 48 Posts