Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen the CRUZE start dinging and the DIC displays "Turn off Signal" a time or two I left it on. HOWEVER today it started dinging and said "Turn ON Signal" as I was making a turn, with my signal on. What gives?

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Got any burned out turn signal bulbs?

Reactions: Starks8 and brian v

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,297 Posts
That's your MOJO .

Reactions: obermd

·
Banned
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got any burned out turn signal bulbs?
I just checked after 20 months and no everything is working including the 3rd Brake light. Just wasn't able to check the regular brake lights or the back up light. What type of car tells you to turn on your signal anyway and dings at you?

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Just wasn't able to check the regular brake lights or the back up light.
Shouldn't be difficult. I check mine before I raise the garage door and back out. Could do the same by backing up to a store front windows and looking in the rear-view mirror.

·
Banned
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shouldn't be difficult. I check mine before I raise the garage door and back out. Could do the same by backing up to a store front windows and looking in the rear-view mirror.
I will, just wanted to check what you had suggested first. My previous Car dinged until you belted up, also if a door was opened. This CRUZE stays silent and for it to give me a visual read out & audible warning about not turning on my blinker is almost funny, considering it was on anyway. Why would that even be an option? Watch next it will tell me I have B.O., AND I DON'T, or do I?

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
I've seen the CRUZE start dinging and the DIC displays "Turn off Signal" a time or two I left it on. HOWEVER today it started dinging and said "Turn ON Signal" as I was making a turn, with my signal on. What gives?
This is your punishment for not following instructions, also a time or two with super busy traffic and idiots flying all over the place, also accidentally left my turn signals on with a lane change and got that reminder. That's cool, but I immediately turned them off, no further problems.

Now you are being reprimanded for not turning them off.

·
Banned
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is your punishment for not following instructions, also a time or two with super busy traffic and idiots flying all over the place, also accidentally left my turn signals on with a lane change and got that reminder. That's cool, but I immediately turned them off, no further problems.

Now you are being reprimanded for not turning them off.
No that would be ok, but a warning for not turning the signal "ON" is crazy and kooky. What will it say next?

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
No that would be ok, but a warning for not turning the signal "ON" is crazy and kooky. What will it say next?
You probably don't want to know.

Reactions: brian v and obermd

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
Knowing a bit about software and how you can lie and cheat with it, something had to trigger this command. Did you make a turn without putting on your turn signals first?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts