Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My car: 12 Cruze LS 1.8L 105k miles. Trifecta + Amsoil trans fluid + 93 octane fuel.

My trans has a mind of its own.. some days it will shift like brand new and other days it will jerk like a mother. I had the car and this issue since 40k miles and I'm now at 105k miles. I've changed (flushed) the trans fluid and am using Trifecta's tune. It's better than what it used to be fore sure, but it still can be annoying. Especially considering some times it can shift perfect, and other times its rough, why can't it always be perfect?? (or at least smooth) If I do some manual shifting, that tcm seems to 'reset' itself and drives real nice for a while, but then goes back to normal.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Need a new trans (dealer inspected a while ago and said this behavior is expected...)? Anyone try a 'shift improver kit'? Should I get a dealer tune-up and replace the trifecta?

Any help is greatly appreciated! The car runs great and I plan to keep it for a while, just want it to be a pleasure to drive, which it's not with this trans!!

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,524 Posts
Part of it may be the 'adaptive' shift programming.

I'd start with asking Trifecta if they can adjust shift points and behavior more to your liking. Just about everything is controlled through the ECM/TCM

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Part of it may be the 'adaptive' shift programming.

I'd start with asking Trifecta if they can adjust shift points and behavior more to your liking. Just about everything is controlled through the ECM/TCM
Thanks for the reply. I'm seeing now that BNR also offers a 'live' tune which is very vehicle specific. It's about 500 bucks, 200 or so more then trifecta which i got a while ago. I'm wondering if that will help at all? I'd be willing to pay that if it would help significantly, since I'm planning on keeping this car until it dies.

* I've talked with Mike @ trifecta in the past and he told me there's not much more they can do to make the shifting any better.

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,524 Posts
I'd suggest sending Jerry an email and seeing what he can do for you. Lots of people have nothing but good things to say about his tuning service, but I have no experience with either route myself.

Unfortunately the 6T/6F Ford-GM transmission is relatively clunky in almost every car it's used in, and neither mfr seems to be great about programming it either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.