Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. The wife and I just test drove the 2014 Cruze Eco MT and LOVED it! We are seriously thinking of making it the new member of our family. But first, I am wondering if anyone has any information, good or bad, on that specific vehicle. We would like to have as many of the pros and cons available to us before taking the plunge and who better to ask than current owners.
We would greatly appreciate any feedback to help ease the anxiety of making a new car purchase.
Thanks to all.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
JohnP,

I am sure you will get great advice here on the forum. Be sure to keep us posted on your decision.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
163 Posts
Pluses:
The fuel economy
The front seat room for taller persons
The safety equipment on the car
The upgraded stereo with Mylink
The ride
The seating is firm
The insurance is fairly cheap

The Cons
The original tires (I had terrible luck with the Goodyears
The back seat room
The defroster is somewhat weak in extreme cold
The paint quality can be hit or miss

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just leased ours a month ago. Only dislike I have is how long it takes to warm up. I'm used to bigger engines that warm up quickly with heat on full blast. The engine in the Cruze is so tiny you cant have the heat on while its warming up, or else the car will never warm up. Remote starting is pretty much useless during the winter bc the car will not warm up while idling it must be driven to warm up.

Other then the heating issue we love the car. Great gas mileage and the MyLink radio is awesome.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
It's a pretty reliable car. OEM manual transmission fluid is trash, change it by 10,000 miles with Amsoil Synchromesh. Re-gap the spark plugs after driving it home from the dealer to 0.028", and experiment with running 89 octane gasoline. The first one is so you get the break-in stuff out of the transmission, and put in a fluid with better cold and warm shifting characteristics than OEM. Those last two have shown to maximize fuel economy.

Lastly, change the oil on time using dexos1 5w-30. The 1.4T isn't an engine that tolerates going long on oil changes.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Just leased ours a month ago. Only dislike I have is how long it takes to warm up. I'm used to bigger engines that warm up quickly with heat on full blast. The engine in the Cruze is so tiny you cant have the heat on while its warming up, or else the car will never warm up. Remote starting is pretty much useless during the winter bc the car will not warm up while idling it must be driven to warm up.

Other then the heating issue we love the car. Great gas mileage and the MyLink radio is awesome.
Thank you for providing feedback about your Cruze ownership experience so far, 2014LT1. I am glad to hear besides a couple of concerns, you are loving your Cruze. If you ever want to further discuss your concerns or questions you may have, don't hesitate to send us a private message so we can assist.

Regards,

Laura M.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
If something happens to my 2012 ECO MT I'll be at my dealership ordering a new 2014 ECO MT.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,272 Posts
Seriously there should not be much Debate ! Unless you are thinking about waiting for a rainy day or you are torn by the Diesel and the Eco .

What do you like about your choice ?
What do you dislike about your choice ?
Can you afford an Eco ?
Can you afford not getting an Eco ?
Do you like saving $$$ ? Buy an Eco !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts