Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! If you are like me, you love your cruze and you love modifying it. I recently purchased a set of Spec D lights for my car; the ones with the LED swoosh. I hate the projectors on them! They are horrible! So I decided to retrofit them. Instead of taking the lights I originally bought off the car again, I purchased another set and took those ones apart. I started a retrofit and figured I would show you guys how I did it encase someone else wants to try it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
These are the lights I got. The projector is a halogen projector. It has a 2 inch lens. The light output isn't very good. I plan on upgrading the projectors as well as the LED's.

20160130_202648.jpg

They have a H3 low beam and a H1 high beam. Both halogen. The running lights is the LED swoosh as well as the halos and the turn signal is the lights below the swoosh.

20160131_104130.jpg 20160131_104454.jpg 20160131_105148.jpg

I preheat the oven to 220F and put them in for about 8 minutes. Then I started to pry apart at the corner that's on the side of the grille. The corner in the pic above. They came apart very easy. No problems at all.

20160131_113518.jpg 20160131_113525.jpg

This isn't obvious on the outside of the headlight but the high beam is adjusted with the low beams. it is all one bracket which isn't the best idea if you ask me. I am going to fabricate brackets to hold the projector only and either modify the existing bracket or make another for the high beams. I am not to worried about the output on the highs being as I am using a bi-xenon projector.

20160131_213703.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have basically the same exact headlights. I have the K2Motor Chrome ones, and I agree the light output is terrible. I almost want to put my stock back in just so I can see...

·
2,254 Posts
Good thing I didn't buy those. I was looking into them a few weeks ago.

Looks good so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These are the K2motor sports matte black ones they offer. I got the projectors and they look like they will work out awesome. I will be using Morimoto H1 mini version 7.0's. Will be uploading more pics soon. Sparkman if you are wanting to get headlights for the best light output I would suggest buying a set of aftermarket headlights that look like the factory lights and retrofitting Morimoto's mini D2S projectors into those. They are amazing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts