Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
None of these tools are Cruze specific, dey all are doing dis now. Torx both bits and sockets have been around for over 25 years now, lugs nuts are standard 3/4", 15/16" hex socket works just fine on that filter cap, and a special 5/8" spark plug socket is required with a foam rubber insert.

Even my 04 was using 9/32" interior screws, when the auto industry switched from English to Metric under stupid congressional law, Japanese wanted our cars with right hand side steering wheels, didn't give a dam about metric. This was on done overnight, took them years to finally make the switch, so needed both English and Metric, and if you weren't careful, would round the head off a bolt. Cruze finally became all metric, but the crazy SAE calls English SAE now, they didn't have a darn thing to do with the fasteners.

Talking about special purpose tools, what about a spring spreader, try a TH-400 AT, but with 95% of the tools they require can find means to work around them. Honda uses a special bit for their head bolts wasn't a torx, that and many others required really special tools.

Tamper proof is because they don't want you to see the cheap crap inside they are charging you over a thousand bucks for, never counted my tamper proof bits, but has to be close to 200 different types.

Harbor Freight plastic pry bars suck, break too easy, got a set of Mactools, even ground those to a sharp point so I can start them, if it breaks, grind the again, to you have a grinder? If I didn't have a complete set of Made in the USA drills, fractional,numbered, lettered, couldn't even drill a hole with this Chinese crap, end of these bits turn red hot and melt. Also a complete set of metric and English taps and dies, the crap they are using today, the heads break off.

Far better using an adjustable impact wrench with Torx, with a hand wrench, can't put the axially force on them and even at a slight angle will round off the insides, dam things are tapered. Smallest puller will remove the dial off a speedometer, largest, a huge brake drum off a P-30, the list goes on and on.

Ha, been buying tools since I was ten years old, 77 now and still buying tools.

·
Registered
17 Posts
checked on that 100 piece set, 9.99 and I have a 5.00 off coupon, gotta get this, thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can someone recommend a 2-way OBDII that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Mainly for O2 and Particulate Filter and other emission issues, which is my current problem. Thanks in advance.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts