Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a squeak that went away when I pulled dip stick. So I just replaced crankshaft seal. Started the car up and let it run and even drive for a bit and the squeak was gone.

then I just ran out for a short drive a bit ago and the squeak is back.

I have checked the intake check valves per the instructions on this forum and all seems well. Spark plugs are good and tight.

but I did replace the valve cover around a month ago with a non OEM one that seemed to have good enough reviews. But I just noticed it is leaking oil out of the oil filler cap area. Quite a bit actually. The oil fill cap isn’t super loose in this non OEM valve cover, but when I screw the oil fill cap on the original valve cover that I held onto, it is definitely a tighter, snugger fit.

anyways my question is, can a bad fitting oil filler cap cause the squeak that is almost always attributed to the crankshaft seal?

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,601 Posts
Sounds like the valve cover or intake manifold is defective and pressurizing the crankcase. I would get an OEM valve cover asap.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like the valve cover or intake manifold is defective and pressurizing the crankcase. I would get an OEM valve cover asap.
Yeah managed to find one online, OEM valve covers seem a bit elusive right now. Coming later this week.

So is the pressurization of the crankcase not caused by the oil filler cap? Is it pressurizing because the PCV isn’t operating correctly?

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,601 Posts
Is it pressurizing because the PCV isn’t operating correctly?
Yep and its blowing all the seals out would be my guess. Hence why the new crankshaft seal is still having issues. I am not 100% sure just a new valve cover will fix it, may also need a new intake manifold or a fix kit from www.cruzekits.com

Reactions: Blasirl

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep and its blowing all the seals out would be my guess. Hence why the new crankshaft seal is still having issues. I am not 100% sure just a new valve cover will fix it, may also need a new intake manifold or a fix kit from www.cruzekits.com
Yeah I checked everything with those check valves and all SEEMED good so I was hoping to avoid that kit.

Whatever, I just ordered the fix kit as well, I want to be done with this crap once and for all. Between the kit, a new OEM valve cover, and a new OEM oil filler cap I’m hoping this is it.

What are the chances I’m going to need to replace or reseat that crankshaft seal after I fix this?

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,601 Posts
My guess is 50/50. Once deformed hard to say if the seals will bounce back.

Reactions: Blasirl

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
3,601 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts