Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I happened upon what I think was a CRUZE....with "SS" insignia on it. Looking closely I saw 4 wheel BREMBO disc brakes and stuffed under the hood was a V-8 (352?)

Anyone know the history of this model?

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,667 Posts
Yesterday, I happened upon what I think was a CRUZE....with "SS" insignia on it. Looking closely I saw 4 wheel BREMBO disc brakes and stuffed under the hood was a V-8 (352?)

Did it look like this?

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
3,737 Posts

That's probably a Chevrolet SS.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,684 Posts
Was definitely a Chevy SS. Seen a few rolling around near me. I think they ended up being a failed market but I wouldn’t mind getting one.
Not really, they were intended to be low-volume from the start - they sold just as many as the wanted to (which wasn't many).

It's an outstanding vehicle - especially '15+ with MRC and a 6MT.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Made in Australia only, not a great success in USA. It still holds high price on the market although the import ended in 2017. I would buy one but not tuned and it is still expensive... :(
See more details here:

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Not really, they were intended to be low-volume from the start - they sold just as many as the wanted to (which wasn't many).

It's an outstanding vehicle - especially '15+ with MRC and a 6MT.
I’m not saying it was a bad car. Is personally pick one up. But if there was such a demand for car then they would still be in production.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Chevy brought them to the US thinking they could sell 12-15,000 units per year but only sold about 3,000 per year. The market just wasn’t there for them.

·
Registered
984 Posts
It's just a Commode[1], with a slightly bigger engine in it.

A few people here bought them, but the general incompetence of GM killed it.

1 - Sigh, I suppose I have to explain for the chattering classes that "commode" is short for "commodore" in this context - which is the car that kept GM-H alive for a very long time.
And the general output of Ford and GM-H in Oz are/were collectively referred to as "Falcodores".
Now they're usually just called, "Some badge-engineered crap from wherever, go buy a Kia![2]"

2 - Or Hyundai, or Mazda, or Toyota, or Skoda, or ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts